Speedometer trouble

Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
Having trouble with speedometer.
No matter where I'm going or how fast I think I'm going when ever I look down at the speedometer I'm going 80+. Don't know what the Malfunction is. Am I the only one with this problem. :D

Question on the 12 minute tune. Will it affect you gas light setting?
I was in the middle of a 12 min tune and my gas light went on (was low on gas) then after a few it went out. Filled up and went for a ride got to 106 miles on the tank and no light. The last two fills it came on at 106 miles. Filled at 116 and no light. So did the tune change the setting or am I getting better gas mileage after 2 tanks. Drove bike about the same as before. Any input??

No and Yes

I've never had any speedometer problems at all. Matter of fact, I don't recall if anyone has ever mentioned it before........but then I can't remember if I'm awake yet!

As to the fuel light.......a lot of people have erroneous readings. Mine used to come on with 3 to 3.5 gallons of fuel still in the tank. 2 seperate times the mechanic reset it but to no avail. 3rd time we got Triumph to sent a whole new unit to be installed. Still comes on with about 2 gallons left but I can live with that.

I don't think the 12 minute tune would do anything regarding the fuel light. My guess is the fuel sloshing around. There have been problems with the light coming on early, however yours seems to be about right. There are so many factors that can come into play, did you fill it up the same as the time before, was it on a slope, was the bike up-right or on the side stand, what kind of temp variations you have had and so on. Mileage will improve quite a bit especially after the first service and continue to improve through the first 1000 miles.

Sounds like your speedo is reading a little slow, mine is usually reads faster.:D

hEY

I don't think Piano cought the speedo joke.
I can't believe how much smoother it is over my Honda 1100. I feel comfotable at 100mph. It tracks great. It is even better than my old Fazer.
Gas: I fill with the bike straight up every time and fill to the bottom of the baffle thing just below the cap opening. If I'm around town I'll run it till the light goe's off or I run out of gas which ever comes first. When I fill it, it's about the same every time it takes about 4.2 to 4.6 to fill it.:cool:

I did not get the speedo joke at first either because I did have spedometer problems and had to have mine replaced! Had my gas gauge adjusted and it takes me down to about 1-1/2 gallons. But I purchased a fuel gauge which I like better because I do not always remember my milage when I fuel up.

My light comes on at 140 miles and the best I can do is 4.0 gal with bike on side stand. I'll figure another 50 miles safetly. figures 35 mpg. and hasn't varied +or - 3 mgp. Thats with stock pipes and cat box removed.

i AM

I am removing my cat box and keeping my stock pipe's. From what I understand All 06 / 07' have kitty litter in them. So I'm just hoping it breaths a little better, plus I hear you get a better sound.???

Back