leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
OK, kind of funny but fun story. Went riding with a couple of very young (21-22 year old) kids yesterday. You know the type, very little talking, just texting and bragging how fast their bikes were. Both riding tiny sport bikes, Ninja 300 and a Honda CBR 600. We all know what happened, off they went at WOT and not wanting to be left behind and giving them good head start (so they would feel good about leaving the geezer behind), I accidentally open the beast up. Quickly past the 300 within a few feet and then passed the 600 a couple of hundred feet later, almost like he was parked. He claimed he was doing 150 MPH when I passed him although I was only showing up to 140 MPH. I had to have been 20-30 MPH quicker as I went by him quickly. Anyway, does our speedometer stop at 140 MPH or does it continue past the 140 mark? I only held 140 for a second and let off as I was well ahead of the children at that point.

Last edited:
Roadster speedo needles go to the 140mph mark then stop, even if the bike is actually well past 140.

I believe the needle in the 04-09 Rocket III inc Classic and Tourer speedos keeps going around, apparently warp's has seen the 0mph mark a second time :D

My speedo goes past 140 and keeps on going around. However you cant beleve the speedo if it is stock and not corrected on a dyno or some other way. . My speedo was corrected on dyno. We had to take 9 percent off to make it correct. Also a stock Rocket isn't going to break 150 (actual).

Last edited:
Roadster speedo needles go to the 140mph mark then stop, even if the bike is actually well past 140.
I believe the needle in the 04-09 Rocket III inc Classic and Tourer speedos keeps going around, apparently warp's has seen the 0mph mark a second time :D

My European speedo on the '14 Roadster is in kph, and in case I did not squint, it went on after the 220kph, and also went beyond the position where 140mph would be indicated. It looked like 145 (233kph) on the speedo to me (with RPM at 6900 in 4th, which should be a calculated 143mph/230kph).
Maybe the European speedo does not stop turning. Or do I just need glasses?

My European speedo on the '14 Roadster is in kph, and in case I did not squint, it went on after the 220kph, and also went beyond the position where 140mph would be indicated. It looked like 145 (233kph) on the speedo to me (with RPM at 6900 in 4th, which should be a calculated 143mph/230kph).
Maybe the European speedo does not stop turning. Or do I just need glasses?

There was a change to the Roadster clocks part number in March 2013, along with some other bits.
Early Roadsters have some differences to the later ones such as this. Perhaps the speedo on the 2013+ Roadsters keeps going, as you've seen, and the early ones 2010-13 do not

Back