Speedo trouble on Touring Model

Have you remounted the original to see it that now still works? - Knocking up a Neutral alternative would maybe be an option.

Let me call in @DEcosse who knows the ins and outs of CANBUS better. I don't know is Canbus clocks are simply plug and play or need to be paired up to the ECU.
Thank you for your assistance, all the suggestions added up to a fix!

Hello Kevin,
You got me going the right direction. I received the used Road Speed Sensor, put it on and all is good. Everything is working! I saw a crimp on the outside wrapping on the new/used sensor so I decided I better take a look inside. Sure enough the ground wire was exposed and frayed. Had to fix that before installing. Checked all the wires on the old sensor and they were good so I can only conclude that the sensor had failed. So odd to have failed exactly while replacing speedo. Seems the wires run behind the kickstand stopper and get some sort of crimping and abrasion, that's where the replacement wires were damaged.
Thank you!
Carl
You’re welcome, just passing on what @DEcosse has taught me, through I’m sure what was painful for him as I’m a truck driver with a hammer and He is an electrical engineer, now go twist that needle on that thang

I have a 2008 R3 Touring model that I have had problems with the speedo. I have combed this site and seen others have had the same problem that I'm experiencing but I can't seem to find a solution.
I had my bike parked outside during a heavy rain storm. My speedo gauge filled up with water. I dried it out but the neutral light quit working. I tried to get the panel open as I could see the bad light but couldn't get to it. In the process I ruined the whole darn thing.
Went to Ebay and bought a a used speedo but the part number was wrong and it was for an ABS model. I didn't realize this until installed. The speedo, odometer, fuel gauge and turn signal canceling switch did not work. I returned the speedo and bought another correct used speedo. Installed it but still have the four functions not working. I've cleaned all the electrical connections. Triumph insists it's a plug and play part.
I guess my next step is to take it in to a dealer but they are all backed up for weeks.
Any suggestions would be welcomed. Willing to pay a tech for instructions.
Carl
I also have a 2008 R3T that encountered an issue with the Speedo. However, in this case the Speedo stopped working and the needle remained at 10 MPH at all speeds. I did notice that it worked fine until the heat of the sun caused it to malfunction. On cloudy days it displayed the speed normally. I was fortunate to purchase a used replacement and changed it out and had good results. The only down side is that the odometer memory module is located inside the Speedo unit. It would have been smarter for the Triumph to incorporate this into the ECM module or other element in order to capture and retain the pulse signals of mileage that could be easily uploaded to the replacement Speedo.

Back