Since your bike is an '05 that big squarish box is the "cat box". Now the fact that it is an '05 it could have a cat in it or it could be empty. They made them both ways in that year. You need to take it off and look inside to be sure. Also weighing it may reveal more details as well. If it is a cat and not empty it is best to get a cat delete pipe to allow for better flow. Triumph claimed a 10 HP gain when installing the cat delete pipe. If it is empty, I would think you are good to go as is. I put the OEM cat delete pipe on mine first thing, even with the stock pipes still on it. Made a nice difference. Later I added the 3 pipe TORs and that is even better. Actually I have the right top pipe and the pipe on the left are the TORS and the bottom right is the stock pipe. A little less loud and a nice sound for me.

Last edited:
image.jpeg This is what you need and so happens I have one on my shelf

image.jpeg This is what you need and so happens I have one on my shelf
Yes he could use the and a couple three short 90's .
Then you buy three cans of lemon pledge and spray the bike completely down a d shine her up. The cut the ends off the three cans and attach them to the 90's. Bam 40 lbs lighter all clean and smelling of lemons with new muffler cans

:D

YOU can remove the complete muffler system and lose 45lbs and installl a slip on of your choice its simple and will give you more hp for a fraction of the price and I think it looks so much better also
I just put on the Super Trapp and the weight reduction was immediately noticeable - bike handled differently (better) - sounds a bit louder than the TORS, but a lot cheaper

I just put on the Super Trapp and the weight reduction was immediately noticeable - bike handled differently (better) - sounds a bit louder than the TORS, but a lot cheaper
The stock exhaust is the 1st thing to go you dont need all that garbage on a motorcycle and it strangles the bike

Yes he could use the and a couple three short 90's .
Then you buy three cans of lemon pledge and spray the bike completely down a d shine her up. The cut the ends off the three cans and attach them to the 90's. Bam 40 lbs lighter all clean and smelling of lemons with new muffler cans

:D
THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT

You could also drop all three mufflers and the CAT out completely, then fit one of my "Single Silencer" kits, this simply slides straight onto the stock header.
The kit includes the muffler, mounting bracket and heat shield/cover.
If at a later stage you wanted more, my header will slide straight into this muffler.

H.jpg

Or go for a complete system from the get go.

A.JPG

Since your bike is an '05 that big squarish box is the "cat box". Now the fact that it is an '05 it could have a cat in it or it could be empty. They made them both ways in that year. You need to take it off and look inside to be sure. Also weighing it may reveal more details as well. If it is a cat and not empty it is best to get a cat delete pipe to allow for better flow. Triumph claimed a 10 HP gain when installing the cat delete pipe. If it is empty, I would think you are good to go as is. I put the OEM cat delete pipe on mine first thing, even with the stock pipes still on it. Made a nice difference. Later I added the 3 pipe TORs and that is even better. Actually I have the right top pipe and the pipe on the left are the TORS and the bottom right is the stock pipe. A little less loud and a nice sound for me.
+1 - If that Scottish chappie lets you have the doo-dad at a reasonably price - fit it with the TORS you have on (A9600233, A9600204, A9600205.) and load the Triumph TORS tune in via TuneECU. As it is a TRIUMPH TUNE your dealer can load it if you're unhappy with TuneECU and cant find anybody on here who lives close enough to help.

Back