eugene

.020 Over
Ride
2005 TR3
just what in accomplished by changing your stock silencers to the stage 1 kit? Just louder?
stock pipes where 2200415, 2200414 and 2200420. These came extra with the bike, apparently changed after purchase.
pipes on the bike now are A9600233, A9600204, A9600205.

That might be the TORS kit, not much but a bit louder since it does not eliminate the cat box, which itself is a restriction point. But it does use a different tune so I reckon one could argue it does do something besides make noise

Do you also have the catalyst delete which eliminates the big cat box and replaces it with a free flowing manifold?
this is what's underneath.

Attachments

• IMG_0359 (2).JPG
    IMG_0359 (2).JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 0
your pic does not look like the bypass pipes. i would not put a tune in it with the cat still there.
those r the TORS (triumph off road mufflers. sticker says for closed track.
with the pipes and bypass they sound real nice and when they get hot at about 1500 on decel they pop. some riders does not like it but i just pull in the clutch when i don't want to hear it. yours probably does not pop because of the cat still there.

this is what's underneath.
that box is not a cat.
That box is very restrictive and many riders open it and remove the multiple choke points and enjoy a free flow of gases out the back. I opened mine with a die grinder and drilled out the internals so the box did not create a choke point for the bike. 2014 R3Touring.
Much better power, slight increase to about 38 mpg and nice deep sound with the TOR. Looking to get a better tune on it soon. Started to run a little lean.

that box is not a cat.
That box is very restrictive and many riders open it and remove the multiple choke points and enjoy a free flow of gases out the back. I opened mine with a die grinder and drilled out the internals so the box did not create a choke point for the bike. 2014 R3Touring.
Much better power, slight increase to about 38 mpg and nice deep sound with the TOR. Looking to get a better tune on it soon. Started to run a little lean.
YOU can remove the complete muffler system and lose around 40 lbs and installl a slip on of your choice its simple and will give you more hp for a fraction of the price and I think it looks so much better also

Last edited:
i stand corrected and i agree.
the bypass would flow better.

your pic does not look like the bypass pipes. i would not put a tune in it with the cat still there.
those r the TORS (triumph off road mufflers. sticker says for closed track.
with the pipes and bypass they sound real nice and when they get hot at about 1500 on decel they pop. some riders does not like it but i just pull in the clutch when i don't want to hear it. yours probably does not pop because of the cat still there.

OH YEA they pop

Back