Shifter Peg Adjustment on R3 Classic for my toe

gsmitty

.020 Over
SO I have my new R3 Classic in Jet Black/Sunset Red- oh she's a beaut!

Anyways, I have 12" clod-hoppers and hope to adjust the peg up enough to get my toe under.

Anyone else adjust? and are you happy?

Contemplating going with pegs

Thanks
g-smitty

gsmitty said:
SO I have my new R3 Classic in Jet Black/Sunset Red- oh she's a beaut!

Anyways, I have 12" clod-hoppers and hope to adjust the peg up enough to get my toe under.

Anyone else adjust? and are you happy?

Contemplating going with pegs

Thanks
g-smitty

Why on earth would you get the Classic with floorboards and then go back to pegs? Personally, I like the floorboards. Just got back from a 700+ mile weekend trip and being able to put my booted feet in different places was nice.

My other bike is a Bonnie, so no heel and toe shifter and I wasn't sure I'd like the H & T shifter on the Classic, but I've grown comfortable with it. You can't shift it fast but it works for me. I considered cutting the rear section (heel) off and then adjusting the toe end upward to clear my steel toe'd boots when I got the bike but again, I've grown comfortable with it where it is and it will stay that way.

I like the black and red (remids me of a Thunderbird) but mine is red and cream

Good choice in colors gsmitty. I have never felt the need to put my foot under the shifter though. Isn't the reason for the heel/toe to stomp on the heel portion to up-shift and stomp of the toe portion to down-shift or have I been riding my wrong for the last 5000 miles?

now that's good timing. just installed 450 worth of floorboards on the blue chick magnet and smitty wants pegs. could have done an even swap. well smitty i have some pegs and all the stuff needed to do the swap.
tg

I only had the R3C 2 days so we'll see. I did adjust the toe peg up some to allow my big a$$ foot to move around.

Something new to get used to.

This bike rocks!

G-smitty

Floorboards

Now I am totally confused. Rode 2000 miles two weeks ago with pegs and was convinced I would be much more comfortable with floorboards. Now someone is swithching from floorboards to pegs!? Don't want to spend the cash if it is not wise. Please advise.

Raymond...this qualifies as different strokes for different folks. What works for one doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you. See if you can find a Rocket rider with floor boards near you so you two can swap for a bit to see how it feels.

Floorboards

I guess another question before I try to find someone to switch with is how easy are they to switch out. I think I would prefer pegs in town but floorboards on long trips. Is that too complicated?

Keep the boards!

It does take a little getting used to, but I really like the boards, and heel shifting becomes second nature after a while. I really don't like the idea of my toe being between a shifter peg and the board.

Back