Shifter Peg Adjustment on R3 Classic for my toe

The dang Rocket ain't a twisty bike anyway. It's a twisty the throttle bike and be gone.:D

Need a twisty bike, get a Duck, Aprilla or MV Agusta. Floorboards not needed. Big gonads needed.:D

A little off subject, but I see Moto Guzzi just came out with a model called a Norge. I always thought a Norge was a washing machine??

Somehow I don't think it's pronounced norgay That would offend the non-hetrosexual population if the only color offered wasn't pink.:D

The dang Rocket ain't a twisty bike anyway
It does better than you might think. After Baxter's Rally in 2005 I was returning to KC and stopped for gas in Clairanda Iowa and met up with about 5 or 6 guys from the Kansas City Ducati club, one of which I knew. They told me they were coming back from the rally also and they too were heading back to KC and invited me to tag along. We were on 71 Hiway which around the Iowa-Missouri border is very twisty and hilly, it basically follows the property lines of the old farms in that area. It zigs here and zags there.

Those guys took off and we got into the twisties and I ain't gonna lie, I had a hell of a time keeping up with them, but I was able to hang pretty close until we got up on Interstate 29. My turn. They saw nothin' but Rocket butt all the way back to KC. I think they were wondering WTF...:D

Good for you Tomo. I did Needles Highway last year during Sturgis and was just getting used to the Rocket. It scared the hell out of me trying to stay up with my buddies. The main problem was that I had someone on the back. I was always very good on twisties on my previous bikes, so I started working on it and now find I can eat the twisties up on the Rocket because of the tremendous torque. Last time out got a tiny spark from my peg so I knew I had maxed out. It just takes time to learn to trust this bike. You can't just lean, you have to understand the lean and right time to throttle up.:eek:

Hey Give Me Lessons

It's dive into the apex and throttle out right. My old 97 shadow ace 1100 I had to bully around corners.
Hey doe's any one remember the Yamaha Fazer from back in the late 80's, 86 to 88 I believe. That was my first brand new bike. It was classed at 700 but my room mates Ninja and his buddy's katana couldn't keep up with me. I miss that bike. I did learn (and my girl friend at the time) not to armorall the seat especially if you like to keep the front tire off the ground. :D

Paul I think the key is that at first I was slightly decelerating into the corners and then as you say diving into the apex and cranking it up to thrust me out. I started working on this at slower speeds and instead of slowing into the corner I kept my speed up and just focused on the lean and much less muscle. This is simplistic 101 motorcycle riding but the Rocket is from another planet and takes some getting used to in the twisties.

tires

I think it's the BIG diffrence in tire size that makes it odd in the corner. I was always told also to help corner you steer away from the corner, left turn put some pressure on left bar turning tire slightly right.

I learned a little something from Davo over at TRat... If you enter a curve hot and need to slow down a bit use your back brake only. The front forks don't compress so much and the steering geometry stays the same and you are able to hold your line. This actually works to a certain extent, and I have been trying to make it a habit if I screw up and don't judge my speed right going in.

By far the best thing to do is accelerate all the way through the curve but sometimes I start to daydream...:D:D

I like to lean mine at any and all opportunities.And I like to hear the metal scrape with my peg feelers,just lets me know I can go a little bit more.It may not be a pure throw around bike but it is enough of one for me to enjoy doing it.Good one Tomo I'll keep that one in mind.:D

heel toe installed

Install my Rivco heel toe shifter today. It does takes some getting use to but I really like it so far.

Does anyone have a problem with the h/t shifter action acting so sluggish it doesn't allow fast down shifting, particularly from 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st? I received two spring washers and a aluminum spacer. I installed with both spring washers but found the shift lever was slow to return. It improved with one spring washer removed but not good enough to allow quicker downshifting. Any suggestions?

Back