I need to lower the ride height on my r3, just a bit too short in the legs to be comfortable when stopped can anyone suggest a suitable alternative to the oem
I modified for comfort and not height.
Speak with the other Aussies on here - find a GOOD upholsterer and have the seat modified to fit you.
I did my own seat (because I am obsessive about stuff) - and the result is better than ANY Corbin seat I have ever used.

I don't know if things have improved but a few years ago Corbin quality (and service) was a bit hit and miss.
Things like the locking post being incorrectly positioned. Not to bad if you're in the US but a bugger to send back from OZ.
And Corbins ARE hard - they have to bed in to your bum. Took 100's of kms to break in the Buell seat I had. The bikes new owner said "life was too short"-

Corbin....great seat..they say it takes maybe 500 miles b4 it moulds to your arse...feels hard at first but is great once your bum fits...
20170101_114414.jpg

Hi Kev,
I have the Corbin Young Gun on mine and i love it.
DSCN7461.JPG

I Also have this one that is comfortable and low but i like my corbin too much - I will sell this seat.
IMG_6626.JPG

With Pillion
IMG_6628.JPG

gday mittzy see your in the land of OZ, how much does the seat your selling lower you from the OEM, and how much are you asking for it please

I have had a very poor experience with the locking pin not positioned correctly on my fast gun seat.
Corbin lied to American Express when I tried to initiate a charge back; they said I did not complain after the 3rd time they failed to fix it.
F*** Corbin and beware.

I had to fix it myself, and I still have more work to get the lock pin to engage properly, but I can ride with it.

I do like the seat a lot and it is breaking in nicely.
I repeat, F*** Corbin.

Sorry you had the bad experience. I guess it could have been me. Must depend who gets your order and if its a Monday or Friday seat! Altho the seats are great I have heard lots of not so great about Corbins customer service. I bet most of these problems are happening now since Mr.Corbin has not owned the company for a number of years.

Been thinking about that. Lots of custom seat folks here in the states. Looking into taking stock seat and having it done in up in imitation small scale snakeskin. Along with pillion and sissy bar pad. coal black. Cost a small fortune but believe it would look sharp. :D:D:D:D:D

Back