Rocketeer4life

Built like a rock
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
Hi all. I have a 2005 rocket 3 standard engine with only going on 17k miles. Runs strong and still spectaculary looks like new. Only issue is the second gear is pretty much gone. But still pieces rattle away in 1st gear or so. So engines been parked up and swapped out. Whats truly a fair asking price for a engine thats practically new. All but for the gear issue? Thanks n cheers

Sold my 05 working perfectly good for 4000, yours needs transmission work, it would be a hard sell unless you go very cheap, the experts will chime in and give you better reports.
Yeah im not expecting top dollar like that. May actually already have a interested buyer. **** shame cause this engine is practically new with such low mileage and maintaned so well-not including triumphs faulty 2nd gear!lol thanks tho that puts me at ease of what my offer was in comparison to your 100% 05 engine.

Are you asking for the value of the entire bike or just the engine ?

I think Lupe is talking about the entire bike sold for $4000. Is that right Lupe ?
Well i was referring to only the engine,no sensors or additional cables attached, no exhaust manifolf or throttle body.... A starter and intake manifold boots are pretty much all thats with the engine

Last edited:
Back