Scala Rider Bluetooth...GMRS/FRS

Living in the past....

Tomo:

On a lark I went out in the garage and surveyed my 8 tracks. I have among others, Wilson Pickett, Roy Orbison, The Doors and the Bay City Rollers (isn't that an asphalt paving company?). I fondly remember my Kraco 8 track player had a habit of eating tapes. I also kind of remember pulling them out and tossing 'em out the window with streamers of magnetic media trailing down the road. That wouldn't be good on a bike. Might strangle you if it got around your neck and the trailers got snagged on a guardrail.:D

I also have 2, yes 2 original AM radios from a 57 Chevy. The ones with the 5 pushbuttons and the bow tie in chrome. Somebody must have made a peace offering. I don't remember them but they are right there next to the Kraco and the Spark-o-matic speakers.

I don't even have a cell phone anymore though I'm thinking about one for this upcoming trip. Maybe a pay as you go T mobile or something like that. My cell phone went with my retirement. It was a company phone.

I'd really like to see you in Nashville. We are riding the whole week prior to Nashville so I'll be well seasoned before I get there......like an old chunk of leather.:D

I have the Scala Teamset. Good and bad. The good ... when on the phone, people have no idea I'm on the bike. Even when having fun w/ the engine. :) Works very well this way, no complaints. Great standby time and running time.
The bad .. it does only support the "headset" bluetooth profile, not "speakers". Meaning it won't sync w/ bluetooth devices looking for 'speakers'. Only cell phones. And even then, it technically doesn't support functions other than phone. I have a PDA and can fake it into playing MP3s via the headset. The downside? Freaks my PDA out & causes random crashes while playing.
I've also not had a good experience so far w/ helmet to helmet. Audio & volume are poor thus far. I find this strange, since phone calls are superb, so this might just be a problem w/ my 2nd unit.

Back