Bluetooth headsets

RKTNMYPKT

Village Idiot
Ride
2021 HD RoadGlide
I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but since I am to lazy to do a search and I'd like a fresh perspective I thought I'd pose this question to the esteemed and not so esteemed (you know who you are) members of this forum.

Although in the past I've never had much interest in it
I am looking into adding Bluetooth into our helmets so that I can communicate with my boy Josh on our way to Stearns.

Any brands I should look at or stay away from? Does my helmet need to be Bluetooth compatible? how much can I expect to pay for a decent one? any must have features?

I thank you all in advance
sincerely
JLanphere esquire..ex Rocket rider current Indian rider extraordinaire........

I use the Scala G9x series (I think the Scala Pactalk is the replacement) but it connects to multiple people, connects to my phone so I can make and answer calls, it will play MP3's from the phone, has built in AM/FM radio as well, sound is pretty good,

The other popular one is the Sena series of headsets, these I haven't used, but others I know who do use them also really like them as well, but Scala and Sena are the two major players, at least up here

I have the UClear Amp Pro in my wife and my helmets and love them. I use mine every time I am on the bike. Be it solo for music or with the wife on her bike to talk back and forth as needed.
AMP Pro Bluetooth Helmet Audio System - Dual Kit - UCLEAR Digital

I would say, if you don't have helmets with speaker cutouts already built in; don't use any system that has helmet mounted speakers. They will push in on your ears and give you headaches.

Senna is good one, it will fit your existing helmet. Even if you use a full face helmet get a boom mike set up.

I like my SENA 20s. Picking between uclear, sena, and scala, at the time when I bought mine the SENA seemed more capable and can connect with the other brands so it meant I could chat with anyone.

Turns out... I don’t like talking with other riders on rides, just like it so I can receive phone calls and listen to music on the go.

99% of helmets can be fit using the clamp mount, very few will have a neck roll design that precludes it without modification.

Sound quality is **** for all models and all brands, but good speaker placement will get you the best possible sound, it’s worth taking some time to install and adjust it instead of just guessing.

Another vote for Sena 20s. I use it on the rare occasion that I need to use Google Maps on my phone and even more rare that I intercom with a buddy on a ride. I wear a 3/4 helmet and even with the speakers placed perfectly I find it hard to hear at speed, so if we're doing highway I'll plug earbuds into the extra jack on the Sena unit and can hear perfectly. The bluetooth for music works well, but I'm not a music-on-the-bike type. My buddy has a UClear that he likes. I used the Sena software to connect to his unit (this uses the cell phone function (frequency?) of the unit, rather than the intercom function), the sound was atrocious and thus unusable. Phone calls work very well.

Back