Bluetooth headsets

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but since I am to lazy to do a search and I'd like a fresh perspective I thought I'd pose this question to the esteemed and not so esteemed (you know who you are) members of this forum.

Although in the past I've never had much interest in it
I am looking into adding Bluetooth into our helmets so that I can communicate with my boy Josh on our way to Stearns.

Any brands I should look at or stay away from? Does my helmet need to be Bluetooth compatible? how much can I expect to pay for a decent one? any must have features?

I thank you all in advance
sincerely
JLanphere esquire..ex Rocket rider current Indian rider extraordinaire........

I have been using a Schuberth C3 with neck roll comms for the last few years and have been very pleased with it. Signed on for a new carbon Skully which is due in summer so we will see how that compares. Tried one on at CES this year and was very impressed with the fit, feel and heads up display. Yes I am a bit of a geek.

I have been using a Schuberth C3 with neck roll comms for the last few years and have been very pleased with it. Signed on for a new carbon Skully which is due in summer so we will see how that compares. Tried one on at CES this year and was very impressed with the fit, feel and heads up display. Yes I am a bit of a geek.
I use a Nolan N44 and it’s purpose built headset kit. In my opinion, this is the most elegant solution as you don’t look like robocop with a big fat blob on the side of your helmet. And the N44 is an awesome versatile helmet! I bought the Nolan universal kit for the missus as she didn’t want to change her helmet.

I've had a Scala-Rider and it was Okay... but it was not very reliable. I currently have a Sena 10U. My wife still has her Scala and I connect to it. The Sena's been a good unit and it fully integrates inside my Shoei Neotec helmet (nothing sticking out from the helmet shell). A HUGE bonus is the quick mount (spring tension) handle bar mount with a joy stick so I no longer have to reach up to my helmet to operate it.... just press a button or move the joy stick with my left thumb. For solo riding it works great to stream music from my phone. It does have voice control, but I don't use it so can't speak to how effective it it.
-MIG

I just stumbled on this helmet just the other day. It was on Kickstarter, and I just missed getting in on that. So this helmet has earphones and mic built in to it. But,also has crash detection, apparently has an accelerometer that detects an impact, and the app on the phone well send whomever you chose notification as well as the GPS location. Honestly I think that's brilliant. The helmets look really good as well. The only downside is that there nit shipping until Sept. Personally, I'm going to wait. And the price is super reasonable considering everything. Check it out let me know what you guys think. Meet Quin

I just stumbled on this helmet just the other day. It was on Kickstarter, and I just missed getting in on that. So this helmet has earphones and mic built in to it. But,also has crash detection, apparently has an accelerometer that detects an impact, and the app on the phone well send whomever you chose notification as well as the GPS location. Honestly I think that's brilliant. The helmets look really good as well. The only downside is that there nit shipping until Sept. Personally, I'm going to wait. And the price is super reasonable considering everything. Check it out let me know what you guys think. Meet Quin

Looks interesting. I'll be interested in how quiet they are. I chose my current helmet for it's decibel properties along with being a flip-up. I do wear additional hearing protection for rides over 45 minutes; which right now, unfortunately, is not often. Rules at work require the gate guard be able to see my full smile... without a flip-up I would have to stop and take my helmet off. When folks see my current helmet they think the integrated comms were part of the original helmet... a score for Sena. Keep us posted if/when you get one.
-MIG

I use a Nolan N44 and it’s purpose built headset kit. In my opinion, this is the most elegant solution as you don’t look like robocop with a big fat blob on the side of your helmet. And the N44 is an awesome versatile helmet! I bought the Nolan universal kit for the missus as she didn’t want to change her helmet.
The N44 is on my very short list of wanted for this summer lids for ventilation. That, the Caberg EGO (Cabergs fit me well) and maybe the X-Lite 403.

The N44 is on my very short list of wanted for this summer lids for ventilation. That, the Caberg EGO (Cabergs fit me well) and maybe the X-Lite 403.
I’ve had mine for a couple of years now...love the felixibility. The way the Bluetooth kit fits in is also really well thought out, including having an app to set it up

Just installed Sena smh10 dual pack on my helmet and my wife's. easy to install and configure, easy to pair to iphone. great volume, great call quality.

Back