Wasn't there a warning about Viking bags from one of the Owners a while back. Can't remember what the problem was but maybe worth searching archives here.

i found that post after you mentioned it tomcat, thank you. according to the post the issue has been resolved to the customers satisfaction so i will give it a try. i have spent some time again searching today but i just cant find anything satisfactory other than viking bags..

I've seen a few sets of Vikings on various bikes lately and they look really good and fit nice and close to the bike. I still prefer the genuine Triumph bags but Viking seem to be a pretty good alternative. Would love to see some of the 'X' all done up. REALLY glad you're not contemplating those Corbin hard bags - or any hard bags for that matter.

i would also prefer the genuine triumph ones, however i want them lockable for my bike trip and the easy detach system is another bonus when traveling. my goal is not to wear another backpack or put more bags on the bike than those 2 saddlebags, so any convenience i can get i gladly take. on the other hand, triumph is asking 950$ for the bags, i would have at least expected them to be lockable..

i will keep you postet

i would also prefer the genuine triumph ones, however i want them lockable for my bike trip and the easy detach system is another bonus when traveling. my goal is not to wear another backpack or put more bags on the bike than those 2 saddlebags, so any convenience i can get i gladly take. on the other hand, triumph is asking 950$ for the bags, i would have at least expected them to be lockable..

i will keep you postet
A company called CS4 which took over K-Drive offers leather covered polytech bags which look a lot like the triumph bags but are more rigid. I have them on my bike. You can also get them lined with aluminum and with locks as options. They can be ordered with Easy Brackets. They are relatively inexpensive. You can order on line from Belgium.They deliver pretty fast to the US.

Back