Rocket Won't Start

You need to rule out the battery first.
Take the battery out and take it to a chain auto parts store and have it load tested. Unless you have multi meter. Hold the meter on the battery, push the start button and see how low the volts go. If you don’t have the proper voltage during the starting cycle the bike won’t start. 13 volts without a load means nothing without a load applied.

+ what Jag said. I've had batteries get tired, and would turn the motor over, but no spark. However, you said it tried to run on start spray. Just guessing, I'm leaning to no fuel.

I had the same issue few years ago. It ended up being the fuel pump relay. It's probably the best place to start. You can purchase 1 at any vehicle repair shop. I got mine at Advanced Auto Parts for under $20.
upload_2018-7-29_6-7-6.png

I just got my rocket fixed from a somewhat similar problem. It would start once, run horrible, and then not start again for some time. Final verdict was MAP sensor.

I had the same issue few years ago. It ended up being the fuel pump relay. It's probably the best place to start. You can purchase 1 at any vehicle repair shop. I got mine at Advanced Auto Parts for under $20.
upload_2018-7-29_6-7-6.png

Great solution in a pinch, but I think the OEM has a diode in it to prevent transient spikes.

Yea, I kinda miss "tickling" the old Amal, and going around with your finger always smelling like gas. Won more beers than I can remember, making bets that my old 650 would start on the first kick. Had a set of coils from a 450 Honda, and found points for a Mazda rotary bolted right in place, cept for the pivot hole that had to be drilled a small bit. Did away with all the Lucas stuff. Miss that old bike. Bought it for $650, sold it for $650 for back child support, to stay out of jail!

Back