RedLine Water Wetter

O'Reilly Store

I stopped by the store to get my WIX oil fliter and thought I'd ask about the Redline product. He takes me down the aisle and, low and behold, there's 6 products lined up to do about the same thing. I wouldn't understand the technical differences but thought I'd let you all know there's competition and capitalism at work! :p

...there's competition and capitalism at work! :p

Capitalism:roll:Let me surmise the product(s) origin...under slave wages I'll bet. Of course you have stock in that overseas manufacturer so perhaps there's a relationship to capitulism ;) jus raggin...speeling and grammer make not be a requirment but I'm holding you to semantics:D

Another Product

For years I used a water wetter product made by VP Fuels called Cool Down. I used it because the 540 cubic inch Chev power plant was cooled by electric fans and straight water. Straight water was used because the application was a drag car and most tracks have a problem with competitors using anything that is hard to clean up should a motor get broken.:mad:
Cool Down helped address the issue of uniform cooling around the cylinders inside the engine block therefore making the cooling system more efficient. The same principal applied to the aluminum radiator. I would see 20 degree differentials just by dropping the Cool Down out and using straight water. What was really amazing was when I timed the cool down event in the pits after making a pass down the track and comparing how long it took the cooling fans to bring the water temp back down to ambient temp. I am a believer in its use.
These days one must be careful to know that the product being used whether its Cool Down or what ever, is compatible with the different types of anti-freeze being used in vehicles these days.
FLIP: When I tuned the 540 BBC the exhaust gas temp would be perfect at 1350 degrees under full load. Thought you might like to know...;)

20 degree down angle

I would see 20 degree differentials just by dropping the Cool Down out and using straight water.

RedLine speaks of a 20 degree differential as well with water only. They spout additional decrease with the addition of their Water Wetter. The best I've seen on my Rocket is an estimated 20 degree decrease with a very very small percentage of anti-freeze mixture; I'm not privy to clinical conditions. It has definitely been more pleasurable riding since, though we've not returned to 100+ daytime highs.

Got a few questions. Are you guys putting the wetter water in straight or deluting it? Are you draining the whole system or just the radiator and how is the best way to drain the system or radiator?

Got a few questions. Are you guys putting the wetter water in straight or deluting it? Are you draining the whole system or just the radiator and how is the best way to drain the system or radiator?

Probably the best way to drain the system is get a shop manual and read about it.:D Great tool, wealth of information and reasonably priced.

There is a ratio with RedLine Water Wetter. I believe it is 1oz per quart of either straight water or with a percentage of anti-freeze IAW. I use straight distilled water. I've mention, "very very small percentage of anti-freeze" in my system because I can't be 100% sure that system contents is completely removed upon draining; although placing the bike facing downhill would help. I drained the radiator by detaching the lower pump hose, then drain the engine further by loosening the pump bolts (but not removing it). The coolant system is quite limited with 3.8qts. Any remaining mixture goes into the puke tank (overflow/resevoir) to the Max line.
Before the weather turns to freezing again I will mix up another batch with the appropriate amount of anti-freeze.

And as far as "you guys", I've not heard any confessions from anyone using this product or another like it, in the Rocket, otherthan myself.

Last edited:
Back