RedLine Water Wetter

Best way I've found to reduce heat is to get rid of the cat box. Bike now runs at least 30% cooler.

dongee

My question

Is if you use just water and wetter what is helping eliminate the scaling and build up in you radiator. We ran wetter in our race car but always drained it after a race and ran anti freeze while testing and playing to keep system flushed.

Removing the fur ball does allow for better breathing and hence heat reduction.

The chemical make-up of RedLine Water Wetter is said to inhibit scale; said by RedLine. It is curious that you would drain the fluid after a race. Why would you not want the same performance benefits of race performance when you're "playing around" with it. Perhaps the product you're familiar with didn't have the scale protection benefits??

Fortunately, though unfortunately, the impetus for switching to the Water Wetter was the prolonged string of 95-105 degrees days here in the Heart of Dixie. The time of the swap was also the end of the extreme heat spell. The resulting lowered temperatures, using indirect measurement by way of oil temperature reading comparisons, were quite remarkable but not observed during the 100 degree days.

Last edited:
Water Wetter

Used Water Wetter in both of my road race bikes at NHIS.

EX500 would be over heating before the end of a 8 lap sprint race without water wetter.

SV650 ran much cooler stock, water wetter helped keep the operating temperatures low which equals more HP.

Back