Rear rim leaks air, I can't be the only one

Ouch! I really don't want to go back to the dealer... again. I guess it is the only way to get a new rim.
If you can change your own tyres i would remove tyre from rim & see if you can remove stuff on rim if it not part of the casting that should solve the problem, save going back to dealers

I do know that some high performance vehicles do have a lot more than air pressure to keep the tire from spinning on the rims. My friend's 8 second drag car has the giant Hoosier tires bolted to the rim. And obviously there are a number of bead lock systems.
My best friend has a 600hp turbo Hayabusa. It doesn't need anything special to keep the tire in place, street or strip.

Is it possible for the powder coat application on the rim to be screwed up. Powder in the corners didn't get hot enough to properly flow??? Just guessing here since I've never done it.

Still grounds for rim replacement on warranty. If they do replace it, what do they do with the defective rim??? Nice to get your hands on it.

Just a comment here about my terminology. When I use the term "goo-pucky" it refers to the initial state of the material in question. When I was in the nuclear power biz the maintenance guys would slather all manner of goo-pucky onto machinery, some of it to seal, or lubricate, or lock components together and in almost every instance over time it got hard like a rock. Regardless of the chemistry of that material on your wheel, it doesn't belong, and if the factory sent it out like that, it should be replaced under warranty.

I do know that some high performance vehicles do have a lot more than air pressure to keep the tire from spinning on the rims. My friend's 8 second drag car has the giant Hoosier tires bolted to the rim. And obviously there are a number of bead lock systems.
Well even Carpenter and Lush built R3 doesn’t spin the wheel in the tire but if the dealership you bought yours from believed that they can do that I have to ask where are the wheelie bars??
Your friends 8 sec dragster has a wee bit more horse power than the R3 hence the rim screws holding tires running much less pressure for more grip.
Your tires will spin on pavement first.
You started this thread asking for members advice and then when you got the advice you want to debate it.
If you don’t want to go back to the dealership for them to look into this why not just throw your warranty in the can?
Bro I’m not trying to bust your chops, just tryin to get you to use your common sense that I’m sure you have 😉

Last edited:
Well even Carpenter and Lush built R3 doesn’t spin the wheel in the tire but if the dealership you bought yours from believed that they can do that I have to ask where are the wheelie bars??
Your friends 8 sec dragster has a wee bit more horse power than the R3 hence the rim screws holding tires running much less pressure for more grip.
Your tires will spin on pavement first.
You started this thread asking for members advice and then when you got the advice you want to debate it.
If you don’t want to go back to the dealership for them to look into this why not just throw your warranty in the can?
Bro I’m not trying to bust your chops, just tryin to get you to use your common sense that I’m sure you have 😉
Sorry, didn't mean to poo-poo any advice and I do appreciate the advice. My debate was trying to establish if anyone else has actually seen the rear wheel of a 2500 Rocket with the tire off to determine if mine is actually a freak. That has now been established from STUGT3 and I will follow up. The bike is only 3 months old with 1600 miles and has been to the dealer twice already. So yeah, I hate making another 2 forty minute round trips (one for drop off and one for pickup) to the dealer and my bike out of commission for some time if I can avoid it. BTW, have your actually seen the rear wheel of a 2500 rocket with the tire off? Because it sure looks like it is factory applied all the way around the rim on both sides. How on earth does a blemish like that occur? I am the first and only owner of this bike. Also hard to believe my dealer did this to a brand new bike before putting it in the showroom for no reason. I plan to completely dismount the rear tire and bring the wheel back to the dealer and ask WTF?

Another BTW, tire not leaking at all anymore. The tiny bit a slime seems to have done the trick.

Sorry, didn't mean to poo-poo any advice and I do appreciate the advice. My debate was trying to establish if anyone else has actually seen the rear wheel of a 2500 Rocket with the tire off to determine if mine is actually a freak. That has now been established from STUGT3 and I will follow up. The bike is only 3 months old with 1600 miles and has been to the dealer twice already. So yeah, I hate making another 2 forty minute round trips (one for drop off and one for pickup) to the dealer and my bike out of commission for some time if I can avoid it. BTW, have your actually seen the rear wheel of a 2500 rocket with the tire off? Because it sure looks like it is factory applied all the way around the rim on both sides. How on earth does a blemish like that occur? I am the first and only owner of this bike. Also hard to believe my dealer did this to a brand new bike before putting it in the showroom for no reason. I plan to completely dismount the rear tire and bring the wheel back to the dealer and ask WTF?

Another BTW, tire not leaking at all anymore. The tiny bit a slime seems to have done the trick.
Yessir, that's exactly what you need to do is find out from the dealer WTH is on this rim. No, I haven't seen the inside of one, poor ole me has an older model ;)

Back