Rear rim leaks air, I can't be the only one

Yessir, that's exactly what you need to do is find out from the dealer WTH is on this rim. No, I haven't seen the inside of one, poor ole me has an older model ;)
I've sent the picture to the service mgr at Triumph Dallas. He is going to show it to his tech's and let me know what they think.

Sounds like you've got a plan of action with the dealer. I used to change my own tires (I had a manual tire changer) and those of friends (because I had a manual tire changer) and I never saw once where a rim had whatever that material is on your rim applied to it. There were a number of older barn finds I bought over the years that when I demounted the tire rubber adhered to the rim and had to be wire wheeled off. In every case when I put the new tire on the rim, it was clean and smooth so the bead would seat properly. The only tire I ever had any real problem with seating was a guy that brought me a wheel off his Trials bike. It normally ran about 6 to 9 psi of pressure and was a bugger to demount because the bead was so tight. It had bead locks installed as well. Even with a bottle of dish soap on the tire I had to inflate that goofy tire to 90 psi before it 'popped' onto the bead.

I've sent the picture to the service mgr at Triumph Dallas. He is going to show it to his tech's and let me know what they think.
Hmm I’ve never used Triumph Dallas, it’s too bad RPM Cycle closed down. They were just south of Carrollton on I-35.
They were a very dependable bunch and had a good Triumph tech. Maybe he moved on to Triumph Dallas.
Let us know what the findings are and mostly let us know how the dealership treated you. Best of luck

Hmm I’ve never used Triumph Dallas, it’s too bad RPM Cycle closed down. They were just south of Carrollton on I-35.
They were a very dependable bunch and had a good Triumph tech. Maybe he moved on to Triumph Dallas.
Let us know what the findings are and mostly let us know how the dealership treated you. Best of luck
My dealer is Eurotec here in Oklahoma City but I couldn't get them to comment without taking the tire to them. Dallas Triumph Looked at my picture and have CONFIRMED that all Rocket 3 R's, GT's as well as Speed Triple's have this "no-skid" like surface on the edges of the wheels to help keep the tire from slipping on the rim. They said that even the Triumph Moto 2 bikes have it.

My dealer is Eurotec here in Oklahoma City but I couldn't get them to comment without taking the tire to them. Dallas Triumph Looked at my picture and have CONFIRMED that all Rocket 3 R's, GT's as well as Speed Triple's have this "no-skid" like surface on the edges of the wheels to help keep the tire from slipping on the rim. They said that even the Triumph Moto 2 bikes have it.
Well I stand corrected!!!!! FIRST TIME I've ever been wrong in my life!:oops:🤣🤣🤣
My apologies 🥸

They must not be as tight of a fit as the older, non 2500 models 🤔
I wonder why they thought they had to do this. Lots of bikes with way more horsepower don't have that. I know it has monster torque but hp + gearing = torque to the ground. A Kawi H2 is certainly putting more force to the back wheel than a stock Rocket 3. Anyway a small thin bit of slime seems to have solved the leak problem.

Sorry for taking so long to reply on this thread, but my mechanic mentioned that there was this rough coating on the inner rim when he changed my rear tyre. He believed it was an anti-slip coating. My new tyre never had the type of air leak mentioned.

Back