canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
Does any one have this Ram Air system?
what is the difference in having this set up?
Or having three K@N filters?
And having this Ram Air set up does the bear Clarw cover still go over?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
they are about the same but the RamAir setup has a hole in the back to plug the AIT sensor into with a plug wiring extension. on the 3 K&N's you have to buy a separate small filter to put on the sensor & zip tie it up under the tank.
The RamAir does fit under the bearclaw

Hi Cane,
If you have a look or search there are plenty of reports on the RamAir. I did the conversion myself in November and wrote a few reports on it. One of the best mods IMO ever.

I don't remember if I have the small filter as well, would that be the same as having the Ram air set up?
My bike came with the K@N filters I clean then once a year I don't remember seeing another small filter, any one have a picture where it is?
If I don't have the small filter will it make any difference putting it on?

@1olbull changed from K&N to RamAir & dyno showed slight power increase with the RamAir

Just to be clear - The details:
I ran dynos on the same machine with the same operator (Nels Byersdorf owner of Two Wheel Dyno Works).
The K&N dyno (161) was in the summer. The RamAir dyne was n the fall (157).
Nels said he had to add fuel with the RamAir, which meant the RamAir breathed a "little" better in spite of the lower HP reading.
He attributed the slight difference to atmospheric conditions.

HMMMM ??? Steve should I consider a RamAir with my Dobeck ?

Bill,
I would do it again.
1) For the proper air sensor connection
2) For the space improvement over the K&Ns (easier for bearclaw fit)
3) Ease of cleaning (1 instead of 3)

Just to be clear - The details:
I ran dynos on the same machine with the same operator (Nels Byersdorf owner of Two Wheel Dyno Works).
The K&N dyno (161) was in the summer. The RamAir dyne was n the fall (157).
Nels said he had to add fuel with the RamAir, which meant the RamAir breathed a "little" better in spite of the lower HP reading.
He attributed the slight difference to atmospheric conditions.

My bad :(

Back