R3RM

Rocketeer
Ride
R3R-2020
After deep reading on the latest wireless airbags (Alpinestar Tech-Air 5, Dainese Smart Jacket and D-Air, In&Motion (Ixon, Furygan, RST) and the e-Turtle from Helite, I believe that I'll go for the Helite e-Turtle.

Reasons why :

. I'm against airbags vests not fastened to the jacket (ref. reason why RST decided to go for the In&Motion airbag tied to its jackets)

. Dainese Smart Jacket : not fastened to the jacket and not including a back protector

. Dainese D-Air not protecting enough especially the abdomen

. In&Motion integrated within the RST jacket : against mthly subscription and overall price (it results being the most expensive), back-protector level 1 only

. e-Turtle : protection (surface and speed), level 2 back-protector (and its location), resistant material, practical (can go on any jacket, it includes a pocket and given my 4 years experience with the wired Turtle), Helite is a company developing and producing only its own airbags (similarly to In&Motion), fork sensor option.

. my second choice may be the Alpine Tech-Air integrated within a jacket given its protection surface (apparently the largest) but it'd imply me to replace my current jacket which quality (and style) is much, much better than the Alpinestar.

. I like the Dainese Tuono leather jacket, including the D-Air airbag, for the Tuono high technicality but again the D-Air does not protect the abdomen and unlike the other airbags, when it gets deployed you need to bring it back to the shop (wait probably days or weeks and be charged with a high price, over here around €250). For the other airbags such as the Helite or In&Motion, you've just got to replace the gas cartridge (and no need to go to the shop to do it).

Last edited:
Back