@AnthonyD - the relay in your actual image IS the starter/headlight relay - they mislabeled it in the manual cartoon image (there is NO Flasher Relay on your Touring - it's integrated as part of the instrument assembly)
If you look at the wire colours to that relay in your image, you should find it matches the diagram above
So the mod is to add the second relay, in conjunction with that one you see there in your image.

OMG, that's hysterical. THANK YOU so much!

That brings up a follow-up question, though: I had read about simply being able to change out the flasher relay prior to changing all of the turn signals to LED. I'm guessing then, that that only applies to the Roadster and that I'm going to have to use Load Equalizers? (I used the Custom Dynamics universal smart signal stabilizer on the Roadliner).

LoadEqualizerEdit1.jpg

Guys, I've belonged to other motorcycle forums and I can tell you: this one is TOP NOTCH :)

Correct, the ONLY solution on a Touring is to add parallel load resistors
LED flasher Problem Rocket III Touring

OK, thank you!

Would you recommend, as the second relay, an identical to the existing? Triumph part T2501705 (or Hella 4RD 933 332-05)?

(and then I'll try and quit bugging you with questions you've probably been asked 1000 times, thanks again :))

Correct, the ONLY solution on a Touring is to add parallel load resistors
LED flasher Problem Rocket III Touring

Have now read referenced thread and have an understanding. Thanks for the link.

I'm quickly discovering that this forum is HUUUUUGE, and most topics have been covered if you take the time to find them! (I may still ask the silly newbie question from time to time :))

Back