Macrider

I,m a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride.
Ride
2010 Triumph R3T Black "Darksider" imitation 70cc motorized "Harley Davidson" bicycle
Ok heres a question.
Any one out there that has a 2010 or later Rocket that has NOT done the headlight relay modification had any problems with the ignition?
I am concerned that maybe I should get the Eastern Beaver relay set up but I am not seeing that anyone with a 2010 or later is having any problems.
Why buy it if I do not need it?
Did Triumph fix this?

Ok heres a question.
Any one out there that has a 2010 or later Rocket that has NOT done the headlight relay modification had any problems with the ignition?
I am concerned that maybe I should get the Eastern Beaver relay set up but I am not seeing that anyone with a 2010 or later is having any problems.
Why buy it if I do not need it?
Did Triumph fix this?

There was a recall on 2010 models ( think it was the 2010 models) and I assume that is now how the newer ones are done,it involves 1 relay before the ingnition switch and it does relieve the issue to the ignition switch but it just shifts the problem to the dipper switch which while no one has fried one YET I'm sure it will happen given time

Mr. Macrider,
Well stated here by Guru HansO.
I did my 2012 with the EB because it was explained the same way to me.
The issue was partially - not completely fixed by Triumph.
Best Regards,
1olbull

I have a 2008 R3T and have had no problems with my switch.......I will say however that I do not use the switch..... I turn my key on....start the bike....and when I shut it off I use the kickstand on almost every occasion or I utrn the key......the switch stays in the same spot...not sure if this is good or bad but it hasnt given me any problems so far......I am intersted in the EB kit just to put the proper voltage to the headlight......I switched out my Headlight bulb with a PIAA and have driving lights with PIAA bulbs in them as well......the light is good but I bet it would be even better with the kit

mutt

I would like to know if someone has installed the E.B. kit on a 2010 or later R3.
Did it brighten the headlights or not?

I would like to know if someone has installed the E.B. kit on a 2010 or later R3.
Did it brighten the headlights or not?
Gra53 was down here from Sydney for me to install one of my relay kits (does the same as a EB) he actually thought his lights looked a little brighter and that was on a nice sunny day:)

I have a 2008 R3T and have had no problems with my switch.......I will say however that I do not use the switch..... I turn my key on....start the bike....and when I shut it off I use the kickstand on almost every occasion or I utrn the key......the switch stays in the same spot...not sure if this is good or bad but it hasnt given me any problems so far......I am intersted in the EB kit just to put the proper voltage to the headlight......I switched out my Headlight bulb with a PIAA and have driving lights with PIAA bulbs in them as well......the light is good but I bet it would be even better with the kit

mutt
Switch position is not the problem, it is how much cooling air it gets over the Switch, so if a bike spent most of it's time in stop-start traffic it is more likely to have a switch go than a bike that spends most of it time out on country roads just cruisin:)

09 tourer and it has just cost me $1009.58 for a new ignition and now have to work out how to not happen again..

2011 Tourer and switch just failed - we are actually having a bit of a summer here in the UK and hacked off does not get close to explaining how I feel at present!

K

I installed relays on my '13 Roadster. Lights got brighter but not sufficiently so. Currently installing twin Speaker 8630 LED's

Back