Progressive Fork Springs Now Available

Re: springs

rockenrobert said:
I call Progressive as I wanted to rake the front end and thought I could work with Progessive to get longer springs. They told me at that time they don't make longer springs or different front end shocks only whats on there now.
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a mintue
they are not the same springs they are the same length springs!

front-end

you can't rake the front-end unless you go with wholesale changes.--stock springs are wound progessively--as are almost every inverted front end out there. problem is--you can't get longer inverted fork tubes from ANYBODY.---save spending thosands. actually the cartridge you can't get.--since the tubes are now on the lower half. if you find those you got to adjust for 1 inch longer neck on r3.--triple tree problem. not big enough to accept big cartridges. now you need rake in triple tree. go w/ that only and you screw up trail--crappy ride.---triumph didn't want anybody "bolting" this motor on a raked bike. you change to anything "aftermarket" and get ready to change it all!----john

My wilbers have failed on oil seal and one of the adjusters lost its ratchet effect .
They have gone back to the factory for repair at the moment . ( about 3 weeks till they return )

Not quite what I was hoping for in just over a year and 5000 miles or so

Thought I would never need them , so flogged them on ebay .
Should have left them on the shelf , gathering dust as spares , of course if I had done that would never have needed them .

sunniest few weeks in UK , typical , shall have to put a few solid metal rods on there , will feel the same as standard shocks .

Cant remember who it was , but is a member on the forum .
Said he liked the standard , and now has a spare set .
There are quite a few who can not see a problem with the originals .

Back