toshvmax

.020 Over
Hi, Just a quick question, I have a 2011 R3, bog standard with no mods and I am considering fitting a power commander V, worth doing or a waste of money unless I start changing exhausts etc?

Welcome to the forum.

My personal opinion is it depends on your skill level and ability to tinker. Most of us on the forum use TuneECU which is free and allows all sorts of trickery to be attempted.

Those with a bit more knowledge and bravery may go down the PCV route as it is more in line with their needs / preferences. Have a look around using the search function and you'll find dozens of threads on the topics.

you would be wasting your money on a completely stock bike, Tune ECU can give you what you need give me a PM (conversation) and I will send you something

The biggest advantage to the PCV is the fact the most common dyno's are Dynojet, and they make the PCV. The dyno and the tuner match and it's easy for the tech to get your tune in check. If you are changing your pipes or intake you will need a new tune. You can upload a tune via TuneECU and that get's it close enough for most riders. If you want it really dialed in you will have to get it dynoed, and if that dyno is a Dynojet chances are they will want a power commander in place.

Back