tootall92

Standard Bore
Ride
12 r3 roadster
hello everyone I'm kind of at my wits end in regards to trying to get my 12 roadster tuned correctly it has a fairly common set carpenter exhaust, ram air filter, deleted secondaries and I have tried the carpenter tune he sent with the exhaust, a tune from power commanders website supposedly for a ces, a few tune ecu tunes from people with my setup and I just cant seem to get rid of a low rpm stumble that happens any time I close and reopen the throttle it also has a nasty stumble at interstate speeds when I go wot so I'm looking for any advise for dyno tuning around me I'm located in central Arkansas and id be willing to travel a bit to find some one that'll do the r3 as all of the local ones are Harley only.

thanks in advance

sounds to me like you need more of a mechanic than a tuner.
u need to spray linkages/throttle bodies then go wot and lrt throttle go . let it fly shut.
check the hoses and rubber plugs on the back of throttle bodies. 7 total
find a mechanic that can work with tuneecu or buy the dongle and download the program your self and the guys will help you.
hth

Check simple things first. Spark plugs, vacuum hoses, clean linkages, clean and tight connections to the coils, spark plugs leads, TPS, etc. Any of these could cause the problems you describe.

sounds to me like you need more of a mechanic than a tuner.
u need to spray linkages/throttle bodies then go wot and lrt throttle go . let it fly shut.
check the hoses and rubber plugs on the back of throttle bodies. 7 total
find a mechanic that can work with tuneecu or buy the dongle and download the program your self and the guys will help you.
hth
i probably should have stated I've checked most of the common things like that tps voltage throttle return and the shaft just put new plugs in inspected the coil spade connectors etc. , however I haven't checked the vacuum caps and lines, I am a automotive/diesel technician so i started with a mechanical diagnosis everything appears to be okay however that doesn't mean i didn't overlook something

My independent shop in Knoxville TN can tune a Rocket and use Tune ECU. Let me know if you need more information.
thank you I'm definitely interested looks like im to new to send a pm what your shop info and ill give you a call

Last edited:
Custom Cycle Corner is owned by David Snapp. His tuner Cris is very competent. They built my Roadster with Lush parts and loaded a base tune with Tune ECU on my bike. They then finished it with a PV5 and it runs great. My number is 423-526-7088. Best time to call me is in the evening from 6-8:00 Easter time. Call tomorrow if you like.

Back