Penner tune on a 2023 GT

Thanks for the reply . so can i leave my original exhausts and load the penner map? where will i find benefits? more acceleration? a prompt response at low revs ? I'm looking for more acceleration and torque in 1,2,3 gears. what did you find with the Penner map?

Yes, with or without modified exhaust. I had the Werkes cans and decided to go back to stock, so I can say with certainty. Many others running his tune also have the stock exhaust.

You'll notice the throttle is snappier. The stock tune seems a little "boggy" in the lower rpms. Penner's tune fixed that, so yes more prompt response at lower revs and increased torque, which is what is important to me. Is the difference huge? No, but it's far from subtle. You won't change it and then wonder if you really can feel a difference. It will be obvious. His tune in Street mode is better than the stock tune in Sport, I believe.

Yes, with or without modified exhaust. I had the Werkes cans and decided to go back to stock, so I can say with certainty. Many others running his tune also have the stock exhaust.

You'll notice the throttle is snappier. The stock tune seems a little "boggy" in the lower rpms. Penner's tune fixed that, so yes more prompt response at lower revs and increased torque, which is what is important to me. Is the difference huge? No, but it's far from subtle. You won't change it and then wonder if you really can feel a difference. It will be obvious. His tune in Street mode is better than the stock tune in Sport, I believe.
Thank you. you have been very kind. you provided important news. because I wanted to modify the exhausts, but I like the original ones, even if the noise of the Zard exhausts is more beautiful. but if you can get results without modifying the exhausts it's great.
you probably won't get the 175 horsepower, or more, at the wheel that TTS advertises (with its modifications
), but surely the bike will be better. right?

Thank you. you have been very kind. you provided important news. because I wanted to modify the exhausts, but I like the original ones, even if the noise of the Zard exhausts is more beautiful. but if you can get results without modifying the exhausts it's great.
you probably won't get the 175 horsepower, or more, at the wheel that TTS advertises (with its modifications
), but surely the bike will be better. right?
Yes, it’s better. Even with just the Penner map and nothing else, you’ll notice the difference under hard accel. If you do have a ‘23 VIN though, you may have map load issues, which Penner is looking into. If you VIN is not in the ranges on TuneECU at the custom maps page (Custom Maps) then tread carefully for now.

Yes, it’s better. Even with just the Penner map and nothing else, you’ll notice the difference under hard accel. If you do have a ‘23 VIN though, you may have map load issues, which Penner is looking into. If you VIN is not in the ranges on TuneECU at the custom maps page (Custom Maps) then tread carefully for now.
Thank you . I will wait and try to understand and then I will communicate the results.

Just setting this up as well on my bike. I got everything set up and ready to go only to notice my Vin falls outside of the Rocket 3 GT spectrum. Am I out of luck? AV7724

Just setting this up as well on my bike. I got everything set up and ready to go only to notice my Vin falls outside of the Rocket 3 GT spectrum. Am I out of luck? AV7724
The downloads in the app have maps for GT’s with VIN from AV5457. This would include yours. Take the appropriate stock map for your bike and copy into it all of the tables from the corresponding Penner map.

Got it! I'll get on it. Thanks for the rapid reply
Your VIN is outside the range for the Penner maps. Those stop at AV5456 and the ones that are from AV5457 are OEM maps that are not modified. You will get a not compatible message if your try to upload the wrong map. I am in the same situation as you are and had to do some copy/paste to get it on my bike. I just did this a few days ago but I have not taken the bike out yet due to weather so I don't want to give any advice right now. All I can is that the upload went without a hitch with my mods to the OEM map 31249. I just need to get her out and see how it goes.

I have I question, my rocket was purchased in Europe (Portugal) 2023 gt model, but I had it shipped to Africa (Angola) where on currently residing, the dealer said he had to flash an African specic map/firmware on the bike before sending it, so I'm wondering if the Penner tune is compatible. Any idea?

Back