Emiel

.020 Over
Ride
R3R
I am on the GT. Almost 6,000km done and I love the forward controls (closest position). Except when doing 160 Km/h and above when I am kinda fighting to my feet on the peg.
Anyone thought of putting just one peg at the mid (R) position? would be great to from time to time bring the feet back.

Yep...got a set ordered but on backorder. Looking at mounting the controls under me and having the forward control pegs as hiway pegs .... I am used to the roadster with pegs under me and like to stand up when i want to stretch...hope it works.
Still waiting for the scoot tho!

I would just put one standard peg under me and leave the controls forward. Haven't ridden the R just sat on it but I like to do long rides and then the R felt a bit cramped. I also come from a Roadster. And as much as I loved the 4 years I had it, would never go back. Only wish I could keep them both...

I would just put one standard peg under me and leave the controls forward. Haven't ridden the R just sat on it but I like to do long rides and then the R felt a bit cramped. I also come from a Roadster. And as much as I loved the 4 years I had it, would never go back. Only wish I could keep them both...

Not to be to silly, but where can you go to do long rides in Singapore?

I've only been there twice but think I have seen most of it: I do rank Singapore as number 1 on my food rating scale!

As for the position of the pegs, I would do as you are thinking. Having more options for long rides is a good thing. And being able to stand up without having to stop is also a good thing.

Not to be to silly, but where can you go to do long rides in Singapore?

I've only been there twice but think I have seen most of it: I do rank Singapore as number 1 on my food rating scale!

As for the position of the pegs, I would do as you are thinking. Having more options for long rides is a good thing. And being able to stand up without having to stop is also a good thing.

Welll, open Google maps. Look for the 2 bridges connecting Singapore to Malaysia and from there on Thailand (900km to the border). Silly advise: think then speak. 1000s of Km decent riding in Malaysia. food: correct.

Pegs will be installed and after the first Long ride after I ll comment on it.

Welll, open Google maps. Look for the 2 bridges connecting Singapore to Malaysia and from there on Thailand (900km to the border). Silly advise: think then speak. 1000s of Km decent riding in Malaysia. food: correct.

Pegs will be installed and after the first Long ride after I ll comment on it.
And now I know...

No offence guys. Geography wasn’t my strongest subject either.
Did a 920km ride today in Malaysia. Feedback is:
- I need the highway pegs mid
- cruise control seems to be limited to 160km/h
- saddle bags are not water resistant / proof.
Is there a cover or liner? Haven’t seen any
- scraping my boots before the pegs :(

conclusion: an amazing bike. The more I ride the better it feels. Super comfortable. Super handling friendly. Rockets when you want it, behaves when needed.
N
Have to get the scraping sorted out. There is more in it...
Ideas?

I am on the GT. Almost 6,000km done and I love the forward controls (closest position). Except when doing 160 Km/h and above when I am kinda fighting to my feet on the peg.
Anyone thought of putting just one peg at the mid (R) position? would be great to from time to time bring the feet back.
Plan on doing just that ! mount mid controls and use exiting forward control pegs only should make wheeling easier

Personally i can't stand feet forward controls, but why not get a set of generic aftermarket higway pegs and mount where the mid controls on the R go and see how that works? It would be the cheapest solution by far. IMO

Back