Added highway pegs to my 2020 R

Thanks Rhino. I'm going to duplicate your effort. I put my own large windshield on my 21 R3R and added a givi top case after installing the Triumph passenger seat back rest. Had to make my own rear rack to hold the top case. During my last ride I decided to upgrade the seat to a Corbin with backrest so hope that allows me to go longer without discomfort. But I also felt the need for highway pegs so thanks for the idea there. Not sure how those two will work with the forward R bars but time will tell.

Thanks Rhino. I'm going to duplicate your effort. I put my own large windshield on my 21 R3R and added a givi top case after installing the Triumph passenger seat back rest. Had to make my own rear rack to hold the top case. During my last ride I decided to upgrade the seat to a Corbin with backrest so hope that allows me to go longer without discomfort. But I also felt the need for highway pegs so thanks for the idea there. Not sure how those two will work with the forward R bars but time will tell.
Would love to see details on how you added the givi top case. I already have the passenger back rest.

Would love to see details on how you added the givi top case. I already have the passenger back rest.
I had some large angle brackets hanging around so I drilled holes to match the two bolt hole on each side of the sissy bar. Then I used pipe spacers and bolts to attach them to support the base of the top case. But since the angle brackets were only about 3 inches long I cut a support board out of a thick plastic cutting board ( I love that material for projects ) Then mounted the top case base to that but had to support it further with two bars from the bottom bolt on the angle bracket to the further bolt on the top case base. It was rather complex as you can tell but I was determined to get a top case on there. I can take some pictures if you need them.

I had some large angle brackets hanging around so I drilled holes to match the two bolt hole on each side of the sissy bar. Then I used pipe spacers and bolts to attach them to support the base of the top case. But since the angle brackets were only about 3 inches long I cut a support board out of a thick plastic cutting board ( I love that material for projects ) Then mounted the top case base to that but had to support it further with two bars from the bottom bolt on the angle bracket to the further bolt on the top case base. It was rather complex as you can tell but I was determined to get a top case on there. I can take some pictures if you need them.
Yes would love to see pictures. What concerns me is how far back from the back rest did you have to mount it so that it didn't interfere when opening the top case? Seems like that would look awkward.

Yes would love to see pictures. What concerns me is how far back from the back rest did you have to mount it so that it didn't interfere when opening the top case? Seems like that would look awkward.
I had to mount it up high so I could open it... mounted just behind passenger back rest. Many may not like to the look. I'm OK with it. Good thing I went out to take photos as I noticed one bolt fell out. I had not switched those nuts to the locking nuts as I had intended but took care of that just now.

Attachments

• 669B8D24-8392-43A9-9AA9-DF702BC80155_1_201_a.jpeg
    669B8D24-8392-43A9-9AA9-DF702BC80155_1_201_a.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 52
  • C7156947-ABE4-4304-AB81-15BD3CE992A4_1_201_a.jpeg
    C7156947-ABE4-4304-AB81-15BD3CE992A4_1_201_a.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 50
  • A5D98E5D-A9B2-4B0B-BAB4-FCA60991C2D8_1_201_a.jpeg
    A5D98E5D-A9B2-4B0B-BAB4-FCA60991C2D8_1_201_a.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DA431AF3-FD96-497B-A540-612485E0E0F2_1_201_a.jpeg
    DA431AF3-FD96-497B-A540-612485E0E0F2_1_201_a.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 51
  • D594EAF0-F873-4CC4-AB81-B93797F555B1_1_201_a.jpeg
    D594EAF0-F873-4CC4-AB81-B93797F555B1_1_201_a.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 49
I was thinking along those lines. What about the 6 pound limitation of the factory rack? Is that overly low rated or a misprint.

I had to mount it up high so I could open it... mounted just behind passenger back rest. Many may not like to the look. I'm OK with it. Good thing I went out to take photos as I noticed one bolt fell out. I had not switched those nuts to the locking nuts as I had intended but took care of that just now.
Thank you! That answers all my questions. I'm not much concerned about the look either. I would use it only on overnight rides and the rest of the time would have it off anyway. Excellent solution to have it over the top of the back rest so it can open.

Regarding the 6 pound limitation, I wasn’t aware of it. If true, I’m not too concerned as I have always used the top box for light duties. I keep my hat in there to put on after I take my helmet off and gloves in there when I’m not riding. Also it’s lockable storage for my GPS when off the bike while on a trip, at a restaurant for instance. I might put a first layer jacket liner in there when it gets hot out.

Thank you! That answers all my questions. I'm not much concerned about the look either. I would use it only on overnight rides and the rest of the time would have it off anyway. Excellent solution to have it over the top of the back rest so it can open.
I’m glad it helped. I bought a smaller 30 liter givi for the rocket and think it helps with the looks. The good news is since the base plate works for all my givi top cases I could put a larger one on there from my Africa Twin if I find the need for a longer trip.

Back