Added highway pegs to my 2020 R

RhinoOK

Rocket 3R in my garge
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3R
Using the mount points for the GT forward controls, I used some 1/4 by 1 1/4 steel bar to create a mount for some old Kuryakyn iso pegs. Ready for some long trips this summer.

rocketPegs1.jpg

rocxketPegs2.jpg

Last edited:
Been trying to figure out how to make this happen. Any chance you want to recreate a set?
Maybe. The steel bar is fairly easy to cut, drill, pin and paint. I put a pin in all the joints so they could not slip at all. I used a set of Kuryakyn offset pegs I've had for 20 years:
You would need something like these to come out high enough and far enough. I had to sand the chrome hard with emery cloth to get it to accept the paint. Maybe you could find something already black or don't mind chrome.

Also need something to offset one of the bolts on the right side and both on the left side. I had some aluminum round bar that was drilled for exactly this purpose laying around that was originally for sliders on my 2010 Kawasaki ZG1400. I would need more of it and don't know where to get it. The bar, bolts and steel rod I can get locally at an ACE hardware. The spacers and pegs would be up to you. We have a long winter ahead and I have a heated work shop. This is possible. BTW I made these to be functional, not aesthetic. They are fairly crude but the black paint makes them invisible against the black engine.

great job,
that complements the bike…..
please post your feedback on how good they work.

Thanks
I have about 20 miles locally on them but the real test will be this spring/summer when I take a long ride. I really wanted a GT but with the R mid controls, hwy pegs and a real windshield. So I was able to buy a left over 2020 R for $6,000 less than a 2021 GT. I put the GT handle bar with heated grips, passenger back rest (will use with my T-bag) a windshield I had left over from my Multistrada as a proof of concept and now these hwy pegs. Will probably buy the MadStad adjustable windshield I just learned about. Setting this up to be a long range tourer.

Back