I have also adjusted the back suspension in line with some video on YouTube (easy to find) and works quite a bit better now. Also have the GT and forward controls. Never gets as comfortable as an all-road but hey 😃

I’m the other way, 6’2 and I used to get knee pain after a couple of hours on the bike. Riding aggressively on the R pegs were fine though. I ended up installing forward controls on an R and that is perfect for me but is a different setup all together.
Same here and I even have mine at the full forward slots. Big difference compared to my Speed Triple!! Still getting used to bringing my feet forward as I roll out!!

It would be nice if the newer gen Rockets had a forward freeway type pegs. I would use the hell out of them. I like the mid pegs but long distance riding starts to kill your legs and I'm always going down the road trying to stretch my legs out for relief. You get the best of both worlds with freeway pegs. Back hurts bring your legs in, legs tired stretch them out on the forward pegs. Triumph, you listening? Cheers:thumbsup:

I moved my GT controls all the way back and rolled the handlebars down some and brought things in range for me 6'2" w/32" inseam. I think the R controls would be back too far for me.
Reviving this thread as I'm new here and am entertaining moving my GT pegs to R-position pegs. Is there a kit to purchase? Do you have to bleed the brake line or fuss with the gear selector much?

Reviving this thread as I'm new here and am entertaining moving my GT pegs to R-position pegs. Is there a kit to purchase? Do you have to bleed the brake line or fuss with the gear selector much?
Yes there is a kit...you can google it...might pay to get your dealer to fit it ...

The R and GT pegs have different brake lines so there is bleeding involved in the process. The kits are essentially a full replacement, the only thing that is reused between the kits are one of the foot pegs and the peg rubbers. The kit also includes exhaust heat shields as the R and GT heat shields are different.

Ahh ok thanks. I must say the forward pegs are super comfortable, but coming from a mostly sport-bike past they seem a bit weird. I think I'll keep them as-is and see if I get used to them.

Back