At 5'9" the forward pegs on my GT were great but not so great for my back and neck. I have had mid controls for 14 of the 15 months I have had the Rocket and really like them and can lift my ass up for bumps. To me the mid controls are much better in the twisties also as I can shift my weight much faster and have a better feel for the road. :thumbsup:
I almost got the R for that very reason but wanted the touring bars. I wish they would offer some higher bars/looms than the GT has. Or warm up the soldering iron.

At 5'9" the forward pegs on my GT were great but not so great for my back and neck. I have had mid controls for 14 of the 15 months I have had the Rocket and really like them and can lift my ass up for bumps. To me the mid controls are much better in the twisties also as I can shift my weight much faster and have a better feel for the road. :thumbsup:
I’m trying to procure mid control foot peg. Keeping my fingers crossed.

003F74E4-B6F2-4DAA-9C6B-3B689BDACD90.jpeg

Took the plunge and changed to mid control. Let’s see how that goes.

It's got to be more comfortable than stretched out with those forwards. I'm ready to buy them and the Quickshift.
Truthfully the forward controls are very comfortable. The problem is at speeds exceeding the speed limit on the freeway your feet in the wind start to go airborne. After a very short time the back and neck are on fire and heaven forbid you hit a pothole. Your ass gets pushed up into your spine. The mid controls made all the difference in the world and hitting the backroads is much more fun. The only drawback is after a hundred miles or so on the freeway your bent knees need stretching. The guys 6' and over will find that a problem. If Triumph planned ahead and left a space on both sides of the frame or motor for forward highway pegs it would be perfect. :thumbsup:

Lack of way to mount highway pegs is the only thing keeping me from from switching to mid controls. I may still anyway - my back will likely thank me even if my knees get grumpy.

I've been thoroughly pleased with GT bars and mid controls, but I'm only 5'11" with shorter legs. I have the 2" ROX risers on my bars too, and my right hand likes to go numb and this helped quite a bit. Every bike I've ever had has caused my right hand to go numb, but the combination on my rocket helps quite a deal and it's cheaper than the surgery to fix the nerve issue in my right arm because it only happens in a riding type position.

I've been thoroughly pleased with GT bars and mid controls, but I'm only 5'11" with shorter legs. I have the 2" ROX risers on my bars too, and my right hand likes to go numb and this helped quite a bit. Every bike I've ever had has caused my right hand to go numb, but the combination on my rocket helps quite a deal and it's cheaper than the surgery to fix the nerve issue in my right arm because it only happens in a riding type position.
I had the same problem with my right hand tingling and going numb rather quickly into my rides for the last 20 or so years. It was frustrating as hell. Cruise control helped but you can't use it in town or back roads. I decided to put grip puppies on to cut down on the vibration I had. The vibration was barely noticeable but I thought I would see if it would help further. It did and it also kept my right hand from going numb/tingling and tired. A $15.00 fix. Give them a try. They may not help you like they helped me but before I couldn't go 10 miles without my right hand going numb. It really worked.:thumbsup:

Back