Yep...got a set ordered but on backorder. Looking at mounting the controls under me and having the forward control pegs as hiway pegs .... I am used to the roadster with pegs under me and like to stand up when i want to stretch...hope it works.
Still waiting for the scoot tho!
I want to do that but looking at the position of the brake and shifter on R model and my GT I’m thinking the forward pegs only , will impede proper operation of mid control pedals. Even if the pedals clear I think my size 14 boots will touch forward pegs. I haven’t tried it yet but doesn’t look promising

I want to do that but looking at the position of the brake and shifter on R model and my GT I’m thinking the forward pegs only , will impede proper operation of mid control pedals. Even if the pedals clear I think my size 14 boots will touch forward pegs. I haven’t tried it yet but doesn’t look promising
Well... here you go... a mock up of all the pegs and pedal gear on one cut'n'shut GT-R

RHS.jpg
LHS.jpg

These are stock positions mind... you have an inch further fwd for the GT pegs to go.

HTH

(Again) I'd try a set of aftermarket pegs, like Kuryakin or Higway Hawk or whatever. These often come with L - shaped mounts so you can vary their position a couple of inches 360°
They should set you back like 1/4 of the cost of OEM too.

Today i cancelled my order for the mid control setup..its just taking way too long...always on backorder...
So, my plan is to actually ride the GT with the forward pegs...see how it goes and then if i want mid pegs ..i might do what Larrym suggests and put som pegs in the middle so i can move my legs around...gotta get the bike yet!!! its been about 88 days since i ordered it so..?

Today i cancelled my order for the mid control setup..its just taking way too long...always on backorder...
So, my plan is to actually ride the GT with the forward pegs...see how it goes and then if i want mid pegs ..i might do what Larrym suggests and put som pegs in the middle so i can move my legs around...gotta get the bike yet!!! its been about 88 days since i ordered it so..?
I’ve ridden with forward controls for several thousand miles and HATE it. My low back and legs HATE it. Old guy syndrome.
I’ll continue waiting

I’ve ridden with forward controls for several thousand miles and HATE it. My low back and legs HATE it. Old guy syndrome.
I’ll continue waiting
Test rode both prior to purchase, the GT ticked most of the boxes for me and had all that I wanted with the exception of Mid pegs and colour. I was told that the mid controls kit had a long lead time so went with the R... still need to get the GT bars, but Triumph are not shipping accessories to the dealers in the UK currently as most are closed and even those who are manned with skeleton staff are not getting deliveries from HQ so I have to wait for the bars and the other bits I want to add.

These times are trying and testing for all of us... we just have to be patient.

Test rode both prior to purchase, the GT ticked most of the boxes for me and had all that I wanted with the exception of Mid pegs and colour. I was told that the mid controls kit had a long lead time so went with the R... still need to get the GT bars, but Triumph are not shipping accessories to the dealers in the UK currently as most are closed and even those who are manned with skeleton staff are not getting deliveries from HQ so I have to wait for the bars and the other bits I want to add.

I really like the GT bars and the seat is the best stock seat I ever owned

Have you considered risers for the stock R handlebars? I don't think it would be a major task to make a spacer/riser, or in an emergency/for trying optimal thickness, stack of washers.

Have you considered risers for the stock R handlebars? I don't think it would be a major task to make a spacer/riser, or in an emergency/for trying optimal thickness, stack of washers.
yup, but would need 2" up and 3" back risers and to be honest, the hoses would not reach and the electric cables would be stretched to the max. I have sat on an R with GT bars and it's perfect and probably the same cost in time/effort and may look better in the end. It's not worth the savings in cash to me.

I'll wait for the GT bars that will be available as soon as lock down is over, can only ride locally until then anyhow and get the factory cable/hose kit and have a proper job.

You will be the first to have a 2020 GT that arrives in 2021. It will then be deemed a 2021. Good job!:banghead::banghead:

Back