yup, but would need 2" up and 3" back risers and to be honest, the hoses would not reach and the electric cables would be stretched to the max. I have sat on an R with GT bars and it's perfect and probably the same cost in time/effort and may look better in the end. It's not worth the savings in cash to me.

I'll wait for the GT bars that will be available as soon as lock down is over, can only ride locally until then anyhow and get the factory cable/hose kit and have a proper job.
Ok, i see. Have only done 125 km's today, but i don't mind the stock R bars. I don't think i'd mind them a wee bit higher either, but i don't feel an urge to change :)

Ok, i see. Have only done 125 km's today, but i don't mind the stock R bars. I don't think i'd mind them a wee bit higher either, but i don't feel an urge to change :)
I have a problem with my carpel tunnels, so need less pressure on my wrists... or my fingers and thumbs go numb.... on a 'normal' bike the stock bars would be OK, but with this behemoth's torque, I need every advantage I can get to hold on whilst twisting the laughing rotar on the right hand side!

all good feed back goin on here....
I had a "Storm" which has the forward controls and found if you hit a bump in the road, you couldn't take the weight off your bum to reduce the shock ...consequently a sore lower back....so this is why i'm thinking the middle pegs will help with that...hopefully anyway.....someone will do something and post it for sure..

I just sit on the front portion of the rear seat when I need to give my butt or legs a change. My foot pegs are back one from the front holes. Really helps. Hold with just throttle arm or put on cruise and hold with left. I can hold with both hands on bars but a little more comfortable with one. Hope this helps anyone.

First pic i have seen with both variants of pegs on the same bike..
four pegs.jpg

I fitted mid controls on my 23GT week after purchase and love this setup, even on longer cruising trips I don't miss or need the forward controls. More importantly I did not know you can have both setup installed simultaneously as in the pics above. my mids did not come with rubbers and had to reuse the originals.

Once you have mids I doubt you would ever want forwards again. Also controls will remain in one position (forward) so you have to move your feet position from mids to forward changing gears or rearbrake.

Last edited:
Back