Reino606

USMC
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
I have a coolant leak at the neck coming from the top coolant hose. Is it possible to take the Oil tank loose without draining the oil to access it? Thanks!!!

If its right there at the thermostat housing. Its usually the little hose. Cheap choice of hose clamps. You should be able to reach in there and try to tighten the clamps. And the top clap on the radiator should be set so you can get at it from the exhaust side of the bike. Hope is just a hose leak or maybe check the air bleed bolt straight above the thermostat housing to make sure its tight.

If its right there at the thermostat housing. Its usually the little hose. Cheap choice of hose clamps. You should be able to reach in there and try to tighten the clamps. And the top clap on the radiator should be set so you can get at it from the exhaust side of the bike. Hope is just a hose leak or maybe check the air bleed bolt straight above the thermostat housing to make sure its tight.
It is the lower thermostat housing bolt that is dripping (doesn't appear to be coming from the bleeder bolt), cant even get close enough to it to see if it is just loose or what! I just ordered the housing o-ring and the oil tank o-rings, If I gotta take it apart might as well swap them out!

I changed all my hoses to samco hoses and did not have to remove the oil tank.
The samco hose clamps were the best made hose clamps I’ve ever used, very high quality!!

Back