Oil leak - Arrrggghhh!

No motorcycle problems today just a pleasant day at the beach.
E7CE0EBB-7D7B-431C-B6FF-27C3D989E1E6.jpeg

Huntington was the beach i hung out at. Near the pier. Really some of the best waves. You must remember i am a native California. Born in Ventura. Both my parents were born in Fresno. I guess they called them OKIE'S. Still born there in California. One of theses days plan on going back and catch one more wave before i am done.

Huntington was the beach i hung out at. Near the pier. Really some of the best waves. You must remember i am a native California. Born in Ventura. Both my parents were born in Fresno. I guess they called them OKIE'S. Still born there in California. One of theses days plan on going back and catch one more wave before i am done.
This was at Newport, just down from where the Santa Ana River Dumps. Can see HB pier from here.

I got Edsel back Tuesday late afternoon. Appears the mechanic did not get the clamp on the top radiator hose tight enough. (Good call Warp)
Did not get to do a thorough test, but did get to ride about 20 miles 2 up. No runs, no drips, no errors. But he’s been sitting since. Had to have a procedure done the next day and now I’m laid up for a week or so.

I got Edsel back Tuesday late afternoon. Appears the mechanic did not get the clamp on the top radiator hose tight enough. (Good call Warp)
Did not get to do a thorough test, but did get to ride about 20 miles 2 up. No runs, no drips, no errors. But he’s been sitting since. Had to have a procedure done the next day and now I’m laid up for a week or so.
After you run her a few heat cycles check the hose clamps again
Hopefully the top clamp is positioned so you can get at it with a long screw driver. The screw head should be at 12 O'clock screw slot on the left side as you looking at the radiator. (Slot on exhaust side of motor. And watch the two on the thermostat housing.
Enjoy

You have better luck with a older cam cover like from 05, 06 , 07, for sure. Im not sure about when Triumph changed the covers maybe Roadster time frame ? I only have 05 thru 07 so I can definetly say they are the same. I'm not saying you can't get the newer ones to seal they are just more particular. You can see the difference below first older style
Screenshot_20200816-121801_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200816-122234_eBay.jpg

Now newer style
Screenshot_20200816-120610_Chrome.jpg

Thats probably why the older bikes don't have the oil leaks as often.
Took your advice Warp and purchased a Cam cover from a 2005. Next time around will install it. And that will be soon Gasket is already squishing out. That will be the 5th time in 8 months.

Back