Oil leak - Arrrggghhh!

Plow Horse

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster (Edsel)
Here we go again.

F6787274-8F50-43E3-98B0-C63388E425B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Put some 80w- 100 wgt oil in it and thicken it up a smudge. :laugh: Maybe some straight road tar wouldn’t leak out.:roll:

Does suck for sure.:mad:

You write, "...again."

What happened last time ?

I would think this still under warranty.
In Feb of this year I had similar problems, but that time I ended up with a dead horse on the 405.
Not real fun
This time hopefully it is only the Cam cover gasket.
Yes it should be under warranty.
But JEEZ, come on. (Just venting) I swear one of these days Edsel your Gonna come up lame and I’m gonna put you down. 🔫
855D403B-ABE9-4740-8DE7-2C56A78AB033.jpeg

Last edited:
FWIW, there are a bunch of us who feel for you.

I won't completely blame my incompetence, that when I changed out the cams I ended up putting three valve cover gaskets on it - and I still don't think I got it.

I'm still looking for the secret.

I wish you the best.

Is that coming from valve cover? Sorry this happened to you.
Think the older engines had a different cover to help hold gasket in place. Used to use 3M windshied glue to hold valve cover gaskets for small block chevys, it was yellow and now they also have black. Also have used contact glue.

I have had amazing luck with cap cover gaskets. The one on the bike at the moment has 20,000 miles on it. No leaks anywhere. No glue or contact glue. About ready to install number 4 soon. Valve clearance check coming up. A shop will, never get it right. You can have a shop do it for you but bet two dollars to a doughnut it leaks before you hit 5,000 miles. Plow horse if you decide to do it yourself PM me. I will help you out.

Back