Oil leak - Arrrggghhh!

Grrrrrrr!
BA9C9F2B-82A4-44E5-A657-F038BED35140.jpeg Head gasket is leaking
Thats coolant check the hoses on the thermostat housing. And the hoses on the overflow tank if you still have the oem on. Don't get excited yet!!! They used red coolant in mine and I thought it was bleeding :)

Wow. Never had issues like that. Never had leaks either but then again never seen a dealership either. Life goes on.

Yes I know that is coolant. And it is leaking from the head gasket. Stopped to get fuel on the home from picking up the bike. Looked down and seen a drop on the crank case. Grabbed a paper towel to wipe it up. (It’s blue) pull the flash light out take a look see, coolant seeping out between cylinder head and crank case. Call the dealership and take it right back. :mad:

That reminds me, I was going to suck it up, and buy my first new car, so enamored was I with the press on the 1990 Eagle Talon AWD. I found one, and test drove it. It had 28 miles on it when I went in and said, "I'll buy it."

I returned to pick it up, and it had 114 miles on it, and looked at the guy with a "WTF" look. He smiled at me sheepishly like the guy in Risky Business.

I survived - but I was not a happy camper.

Giving some real serious thoughts on calling it quits on the Rocket. Even the dealership is suggesting that we declare Edsel a lemon. I absolutely love the bike, but I need a machine that is more reliable than what this machine has provided so far. My bike is not a weekend toy, it is my Daily transportation and if this first year of ownership is what a triumph provides than I think perhaps I need to go back to a Jap bike. They are reliable.
If I do decide to go this route, I’ll return Edsel to a stock configuration. I’ll have a few sought after goodies that I will put up for sale. :(

Are they going to address / repair the leaking head gasket ?

There are many bikes that are fine - just some took a little longer to get there.

A number of high mileage bikes only got there thanks to folks being able to depend on them and ride them often.

Sometimes, it takes a village, and between us, you can get there.

Back