oem headlight off switch

Could you find it on bikebandit.com?

I looked but it wasn't clear from the fische they had if it included the switch or not and it wasn't listed as a part.

I don't think I've owned any bike that was built for the US that ever had a headlight switch but I've never owned anything older than an '85 Honda.

Seems like it was pretty common outside the US to have them so that's the route I went.

yes a micro switch is in order, i dont use the driving lights so i plan to use that spot on the heated grip switch box, an oem togle ie, headlight on off switch just apealed. i like the idea of the uk ebay theory, if someone dont have it just find who apears to be a dealer and ask them for it

Not sure you're going to find a dealer that still carries them or not though. Maybe you can find someone that has a used parts bin somewhere. Kind of like Bent Bike here in Seattle, bins and bins of parts from all kinds of bikes from all different years.

So I got the switch in.

Same wiring harness, same connector.

The switch is just s slider held onto the face with a plastic clip. There is a square plastic piece that sits on the head of the slider that has copper contact pads (the R3 switch has the same plastic square but no contacts).

There was another square piece of plastic with 4 wires coming out of it, Blue/Yellow, Blue Red/Blue and Red/White that ran into the same location on the connector as the R3 where there are jumpers instead.

I pulled the pins from the connector and then fished it through the R3 harness, pulled the jumpers and put them in the same location connected it back up turned the key and the headlights are still on no matter what switch position it's in. Weird.

There is also another to connector inside the R3 controls that I can only assume was for FTP.

I didn't expect the headlights to remain on, at the very least I expected them to not work at all which means the jumpers in the connector didn't do anything so I'm not sure why they were there unless there is power running through them and it's jumpered in another location as well.

I didn't have time to screw around with it on Friday since I did it in my parking lot at work but I'll play around more with it this coming weekend.

Also, the slider doesn't quite work. The shape of the old control box is slightly different. Where it was located is deeper set than on the R3 so the nipple on the slider sticks out a bit more than it should.

I'll take pics when I pull it apart again.

Nice to have another experimentor here. I think If the headlights would have gone out the bike wouldn't run either..Do you have the wiring diagram?? The ignition runs through the headlights.Weird brit wiring. When you get It figured out I want to do It....Jack

It would be great if Triumph caught up with the rest of the world and put a factory cruise control on the Roc. They could use the vacant switch position for the control.

Back