Painting OEM exhausts

Starfighter

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Bonneville T120
So I blacked out my 2008 Triumph Rocket and now stuck with the 3:3 chromed exhausts.

Have any of you painted these black? How did you do it?
Are these really chrome or polished steel?
What paint did you use?

Any input will be appreciated… The summer is coming!

So I blacked out my 2008 Triumph Rocket and now stuck with the 3:3 chromed exhausts.

Have any of you painted these black? How did you do it?
Are these really chrome or polished steel?
What paint did you use?

Any input will be appreciated… The summer is coming!
Ceramic coating but a lot to spend onstock cans.
I have a perfect fix for you....... find a set of these Big Boss model Jardines with performance headers.
These have been re-furbished in black ceramic coating inside and out.
1646890178909.png

As noted in a recent thread there are a few versions, single and dual pipe in chrome or black with different O2 bung location on pre-ABS models like yours to the later ABS Roadsters. I think they did a RIII Touring version too.

Otherwise find a set of Black factory Roadster dual pipes TORs Twin Silencer Kit, Black - Roadster Special Edition A9608144. I sold a few new sets on the forum a few years ago and saw one in Germany recently but it has now gone.
Easy to modify hangers to fit and they fit stock headers but you will need a Roadster collector cat free box . Likely about 20 will be offered for free if you start a wanted thread in the Classifieds.
I doubt these dealers will have a set but you never know.

1646892923234.png

Ceramic coating but a lot to spend onstock cans.
I have a perfect fix for you....... find a set of these Big Boss model Jardines with performance headers.
These have been re-furbished in black ceramic coating inside and out.
1646890178909.png

As noted in a recent thread there are a few versions, single and dual pipe in chrome or black with different O2 bung location on pre-ABS models like yours to the later ABS Roadsters. I think they did a RIII Touring version too.

Otherwise find a set of Black factory Roadster dual pipes TORs Twin Silencer Kit, Black - Roadster Special Edition A9608144. I sold a few new sets on the forum a few years ago and saw one in Germany recently but it has now gone.
Easy to modify hangers to fit and they fit stock headers but you will need a Roadster collector cat free box . Likely about 20 will be offered for free if you start a wanted thread in the Classifieds.
I doubt these dealers will have a set but you never know.

1646892923234.png
Actually Ive got the 3:3 TORS exhausts and happy with them. Not interested in Jardines.

Black Roadster 3:2 TORS I would accept, but as far as Im aware they are rare and offerings in my home country / Europe is weak. Brand new I imagine they would be very expensive…

Back