Ok thanks for all the input guys..................... not sure what to do now lol, my experience with powder coating Harley frames was not that great for exactly the same reason, to get a proper mount you either mask the surface or scribe the mounting area and grind off the powder coat so you can torque properly, either way its hard to get a clean edge, but I'm no expert!

Ok thanks for all the input guys..................... not sure what to do now lol, my experience with powder coating Harley frames was not that great for exactly the same reason, to get a proper mount you either mask the surface or scribe the mounting area and grind off the powder coat so you can torque properly, either way its hard to get a clean edge, but I'm no expert!

Right chaps ,took me a while to get around to this but I now have the front end off to replace the head race bearings, the bearing set that was sent to me has the pair of taper rollers and a pair of thin rubber seals to keep the muck out, all good so far................except the package came with a bonus bearing (62052RSNR) , looks like something that would in a housing as it has a circlip on the outer race, any ideas what its for as it certainly won't fit in my head race!

Back