vindex1963

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Rocket 3, 2015 Victory Cross Country
The rest of my lighting works fine. Replaced bulbs, removed side cover and checked the yellow/black wires and plug. Pulled the plug apart and plugged it back in. Fuse #10 is fine. (see I searched!!)

I removed the small parking light bulbs from the headlight when I added the LED headlight so I don't know if they work. I see many posts with this problem and unless I've missed it I can't find anyone that found a solution.

Would removing the small bulbs in the headlight break the circuit causing the tail light running light and license plate bulb to not work? I wouldn't think so....

I added red LED strips to the back as a running light tapping into an unused keyed plug under the tank so I have something back there.

I think wire runs under rear fender, tire may have rubbed through

Looking up with a light as far as I could they looked ok. I'll look when I change the back tire. Doing a search there's quite a few threads with this same problem,.

You have unleashed the Electrical Kraken in the Rocket :eek:

imagesJGJYTGDH.jpg

Last time we saw this happen it almost put Sonny in the hospital :laugh:

Sometimes when you take the little bulbs out the contacts short out

Correct, and this would blow fuse #10, the same one that supplies tail and number plate lights.

(Assuming fuse 10 is still good, as you say)

The tail & number plate lights share a - with the rear indicators, but their + is separate; do your rear indicators work?

If yes, the issue must be with the + to the tail & number plate lights (solid yellow wire).. check for 12v at fuse #10; if it has 12v the prob will be between the fuse and the tail & plate lights, along that yellow wire.

If no, it looks like a prob with the black ground wire for all the rear end lights.. suggest to check for 12v at the in the tail & plate light sockets, using chassis as ground (-), to verify.

Last edited:
Back