Low fuel level indicator light

Cunningham

Just riding through life best I can
Ride
'06 Triumph Rocket III
So here's a potentially silly question: How do I know if my low fuel level indicator light is actually working?

I've had my '06 Rocket III for a little over a month and I've been refueling every 150 miles or so, even rode for 160 miles once, but have yet to see the light come on. (I reset the 'Trip A' odometer when I refuel, but sometimes I get a couple miles down the road before I remember to do that.) Should I push 170 to see if the bugger works? I'd sure hate to run out of gas while riding. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

I am going to guess that it is not working
Most of the gas lights come on at about 3 or 4 gallons down.
If you have tuneecu then you can check it . The fuel gauge works on a scale fro
about 0 to 5 volts i have the info of what is full and what is empty at the shop computer.
When you turn the ignition on the the system does a check and lights a few test lights one of these is the gas gauge
Question does the gas light come on when you turn on ignition?

I am going to guess that it is not working
Most of the gas lights come on at about 3 or 4 gallons down.
If you have tuneecu then you can check it . The fuel gauge works on a scale fro
about 0 to 5 volts i have the info of what is full and what is empty at the shop computer.
When you turn the ignition on the the system does a check and lights a few test lights one of these is the gas gauge
Question does the gas light come on when you turn on ignition?
Yes, the light does come on when the ignition is turned on.

Yes, the light does come on when the ignition is turned on.
That just means that the ecu can operate the gas light which leaves the gas sending unit as the problem.
There is a accessory plug for the accessory gas gauge under the tank up front that you could check voltage but i would have to search to find that info.

Then it works and you have to believe it.

Alternative: Take a ride, stay near the filling stations and have some gas with you. Then ride until it stops.

Challenge accepted?
Some geezer on reddit suggested the same, "... run it really low and strap a gallon can on the back then go for a ride"

For you... I passed my normal gas station and decided to see when my fuel light came on. For me, it was 149.5 miles. Display said I had like 37 miles left. I finally filled up after 161 miles with 4.9 gallons. Much closer to empty than I prefer...
-MIG

Back