No 'good will' repair for 2008 R3

Spawn I had the same thing happen bought 08 classic last summer with about 5000 miles same leak same place.It might be going to carpenter or I might fix it . Time will tell.
So it sound like a defective gasket particular to this model perhaps. I'm assuming you didn't let yours sit around for extended periods?

If head gasket is leaking oil just a bit, Check and see how much on a 1000 mile /1600 km ride. if it's just to say thats its noticable I wouldn't touch it. Second thing if you garage it for the winter season, I would take valve cover off and retorque the head at about 50F/ 15C degrees and try again next season.If it's only a few drops to begin with, don't think there is a problem giving this a try. Only thing it's a long term project.

I wonder if it has the early POS head gasket? I would wager the vin number is in the upgrade range. If your not in a hurry two days (not long days) otherwise 8 to 10 hours if you stay at it.

just what i was thinking too.
triumph introduced a newer version of the head gasket , no official reason that i know of but strangely they still supply the old version too :confused:

i failed to note what the engine # the change was.

T1150189 - GASKET,CYLINDER HEAD (New version)

T1151150 - GASKET.CYLINDER HEAD.3 CYL (Old version)

just what i was thinking too.
triumph introduced a newer version of the head gasket , no official reason that i know of but strangely they still supply the old version too :confused:

i failed to note what the engine # the change was.

T1150189 - GASKET,CYLINDER HEAD (New version)

T1151150 - GASKET.CYLINDER HEAD.3 CYL (Old version)

This is useful info!

Back