No cluster , no crank no start

Dieselgeek

.020 Over
Ride
'12 R3R / 06 Supercharged Speed Triple
2012 Roadster .
Started this morning like any other . Rode it to my shop ~500 meters . Went to check for power on my 12v socket , turned the key on , checked kill sw on .....no cluster . Checked all fuses 2x , all good. disassembled the rh pod . 12v at kill switch . checked sw operation 12v in and out. 12v at the start sw but that doesn't matter becasue the ECU / cluster are not coming on . With the key on the headlamps come on but nothing else . Is there a common point where wire break like the Speed triples @ the steering neck? What else can I check . I have a 800 km ride tomorrow and a 8000km ride in 2 weeks . Thanks for your input . I have a WSM but It must be for the wrong year as none of the wire colours match up . I put a booster pack on and no change . disconnected the battery , gave the terminals a sanding and torqued them down. It started with no problem , ran for 4 mins , sat for 5 more and then nothing .
Any help would be grand.

There is not even an indication of what relay is what in the owners manual . I have found the alarm bypass plug . It is intact .

OK, Don't ask how I got here . BUT .... If I put 12v to one of the terminals on the 12v accessory plug everything lights up and the bike runs . On to find why ....

Main Fuse #11 I suspect ...........
When you connect from battery to the accessory socket, you are feeding power back into the main bus common to fuses 1-7 on the fuse panel via fuse #3 effectively bypassing that fuse 11.

R3R_Fuse_Panel.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe one of your main earth or active connections has worked loose

Maybe one of your main earth or active connections has worked loose
Most respectfully, if it was an 'earth' (Ground) problem, then connecting the battery to the accessory connector would not give a work-around resolution.

All my trouble with my R3T 2012 started when my fog light burned out h3 30 amps lamps. None to be found so I put 50 amp h3 lamps in. All was well for a while until the bike would not start while on a ride. Than the no start problem was intermittent but eventually got worse and no start at all until I used a jumper in the fusebox as advised by DEcosse. Thanks again

Long story short to much amp draw on the ignition connector wiring and switch, which eventual burnt out. Replaced the connector first and 1000 miles later same problem and had to replace the ignition switch all because of my dumbass EXPENSIVE mistake. Oh yea I replace the fogs with leds which draw 5 amp.

All is right with world again, just came off a 3000 mile trip to the west coast without a problemam

Back