No 'good will' repair for 2008 R3

I just don't expect ANYTHING to be leaking after only 6690 miles. I guess I should only expect that from Japanese bikes. I have been on Hondas for the last 7 years. Its OK though. Im NOT bitter. I still LOVE the bike. Im still FASTER than ANY of the guys I ride with and they still HATE me because of it!
Faster? Hmm . . . I must be missing something because about any one liter sport bike out there will dust a R3.
I have only put a couple hundred miles on my tour model so I am a novice. The R3T has a ton of torque but it could not touch my old GS1150. I have kissed 150 mph on that thing a couple of times. The way these R3s are geared they would never get close to that speed.

Faster? Hmm . . . I must be missing something because about any one liter sport bike out there will dust a R3.
I have only put a couple hundred miles on my tour model so I am a novice. The R3T has a ton of torque but it could not touch my old GS1150. I have kissed 150 mph on that thing a couple of times. The way these R3s are geared they would never get close to that speed.

You really need to run the touring deristriction tune

You really need to run the touring deristriction tune
Man I really want to but I want to learn first. As I understand it with a final 5th gear ratio of 0.96 our rockets are making peak torque at around 2500 rpm @ about 65 mph. Is that right? Now if you have all the carpenter racing stuff and get 265hp, you still have a 0.96 gear. You are having to turn 6000 rpm to get that hp but the gear can't use it and at that rpm, your torque has fallen off. How can derestricting and putting tors on and taking the cat out really gain more speed? It will surely make it quicker but not faster.

My old gs1150 could hit 150 stock. It could hit 50 in 1st gear 2.5 sec. close the Vmax. These rockets are powerful but it seems that speed potential is limited by the gearing. I just want torque. My days of nutball roadracing are over, lol.

Man I really want to but I want to learn first. As I understand it with a final 5th gear ratio of 0.96 our rockets are making peak torque at around 2500 rpm @ about 65 mph. Is that right? Now if you have all the carpenter racing stuff and get 265hp, you still have a 0.96 gear. You are having to turn 6000 rpm to get that hp but the gear can't use it and at that rpm, your torque has fallen off. How can derestricting and putting tors on and taking the cat out really gain more speed? It will surely make it quicker but not faster.

My old gs1150 could hit 150 stock. It could hit 50 in 1st gear 2.5 sec. close the Vmax. These rockets are powerful but it seems that speed potential is limited by the gearing. I just want torque. My days of nutball roadracing are over, lol.

My 05 only has Ramair intake & TORs pipes with a tune.
Last year rode 810 miles to Stearns, Ky.
500 some odd miles in the twisty hills while there. The 810 back.
Cruising at 75-80 @ 3000 rpm on the interstates all I could think about was man this girl eats road. Had a couple of @sshats blow by me on their H-Ds & all I did was turn the screws a little bit to blow right back by them :roll: :roll: Gearing never crossed my mind as I didn’t even have to shift :whitstling:
You need to quit worrying about gearing and just derestrict the ole girl

Not much on the twisty's but the next BMW is going to have their hands full after we order and install the new cams.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: I leave the Harley's alone. That's like bringing a Knife to a gun fight. No fun in it. :x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3:

Not much on the twisty's but the next BMW is going to have their hands full after we order and install the new cams.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: I leave the Harley's alone. That's like bringing a Knife to a gun fight. No fun in it. :x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3:

Ya it was uneventful. That was my point ;) :D

My 05 only has Ramair intake & TORs pipes with a tune.
Last year rode 810 miles to Stearns, Ky.
500 some odd miles in the twisty hills while there. The 810 back.
Cruising at 75-80 @ 3000 rpm on the interstates all I could think about was man this girl eats road. Had a couple of @sshats blow by me on their H-Ds & all I did was turn the screws a little bit to blow right back by them :roll: :roll: Gearing never crossed my mind as I didn’t even have to shift :whitstling:
You need to quit worrying about gearing and just derestrict the ole girl
Ok, 75 to 80 at 3000 rpm is about right then. I wish the 5th ratio was a bit taller but I can live with it. Does yours have a power lag (gap) between thrust input and final drive output?

Back