rangerbob56

I have a foolproof plan and a airtight alibi
Ride
2012 Roadster
Just happened yesterday, no neutral light displayed when the motorcycle is in neutral. It is visible during the initial start up sweep; m/c won't start with the kickstand down.
I searched and found a few suggestions, ended up removing the GPS, cleaning it, replacing the o-ring, but still no light when in neutral.
I just saw the post from R-III-R Turbo; re-wiring the gauge looks complicated to me, and I am not sure if this is my problem.
What else can I do to fix this?
Btw, 2012 roadster, 31K miles.

'10 - March '13 Roadsters have a somewhat common issue with the GPS acting up. Trouble finding the N light like you have, and/or showing '6' as the gear you're in :)

Unfortunately the fix is to replace the GPS with the updated one. It's got 4 wire plug on it now, your one will have only 3.
When ordering it be sure you get the one for 10-13 Roadsters, as it comes with the adapter "fly lead" harness!

You'd need to fit this new GPS before rewiring the tacho plug (which sounds more complicated than it is) anyway.

Yes, I have seen 6th gear indicated as am driving down the highway.
This is the GPS I need? T1296589
Does Kit include the GPS as well as the replacement parts for the gauge?
Thanks for your help on this.

Yes that's it, it has the GPS and the adapter fly lead.
The tacho doesn't need any parts, just moving a wire pin from one terminal to another :)

Yes that's it, it has the GPS and the adapter fly lead.
The tacho doesn't need any parts, just moving a wire pin from one terminal to another :)

Hi, I am having the same issue and have ordered the GPS. Do you have a picture or can you explain which wire pin is moved from one terminal to another on the tacho.
Thanks for your assistance

Hi, I am having the same issue and have ordered the GPS. Do you have a picture or can you explain which wire pin is moved from one terminal to another on the tacho.
Thanks for your assistance

Sure do bro,

How To: Replace Gear Position Sensor (GPS)

Just curious, do you know what month your 2013 was assembled in?
Also did you see if your GPS plug is a 3 or 4 wire?

Back