Next Generation Key-Less System

None externally for the first feature - it's all internal to the box.
For the second, two wires run from the box to the alarm connector (replaces the jumper in the 1-2 loop on the alarm connector)
Neither one has any wiring changes required to the OEM harness, or connected to it.

Last edited:
This is the mini-board retrofit into the last generation box (last one of that generation before the new boards kick in - new boards going forward will include this on the main board)

Wiring is a bit congested with those 7 extra wires, but you don't see it once the lid is on! :roll: :laugh: :D
(on the new board most of those interconnects are on the board itself, so most of those wires don't apply)

The yellow and white wires are the immobilizer pair that are going out the Alarm connector.

Again to clarify, currently shipping NEW kits do NOT look like this, this is just to illustrate the retrofit of the mini-board for those who want the upgrade.
I haven't posted an image of the 'new' board installed in the box, because frankly it looks just like the one in opening post as the new circuits are on the bottom side anyway (and of course does not require that extra wiring)

Immob_Mod_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Just installed the DEcosse hands-free keyless ignition system, the latest version with the built in immobilizer. I like the way it flashes the indicators once when you approach the bike. I'm an engineer myself and I really rate the quality of the workmanship. Installed very easily in 30 minutes. Thank you Ken.

Just installed the DEcosse hands-free keyless ignition system, the latest version with the built in immobilizer. I like the way it flashes the indicators once when you approach the bike. I'm an engineer myself and I really rate the quality of the workmanship. Installed very easily in 30 minutes. Thank you Ken.

And I was fortunate enough to install mine, and second the comments.

A number of folks asked why I sold the previous one, and I say first it was working just fine, and the only reason for me to move to the next one is I like improvements and the newer version is a bit more compact and a bit more secure. The luxury of convenience -- approach the bike and see two welcoming flashes -- flip on the kill switch to 'run -- mount the bike, pull in the clutch lever -- the bike wakes up -- push the starter button, and go -- that convenience, is unchanged.

We expect that with modern cars, and why not our favorite big bike ?

And beating the horse: @DEcosse customer service is second to none -- tops.

Thank you kind sir.

Last edited:
Well not all of us want that sort of gubbins on our cars either!. ;) - OK OK - I promise when I have mastered using a hammer - I'll move on.
3232144366_17da7ba6fa_z.jpg

Actually I have considered a passive RFID , on and off.

Just installed the @DEcosse keyless system, and I can’t stress enough how easy it was!! One wire and two modular connectors and presto your done!!
Anyone can do this, even with a very limited skill set!!

This is a great upgrade!!
Thanks you Ken for making such a quality product that’s easy to install!!

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being most difficult) I would rate the install a 2 and the hardest part would be removing everything that required to access the install!!

And I was fortunate enough to install mine, and second the comments.

A number of folks asked why I sold the previous one, and I say first it was working just fine, and the only reason for me to move to the next one is I like improvements and the newer version is a bit more compact and a bit more secure. The luxury of convenience -- approach the bike and see two welcoming flashes -- flip on the kill switch to 'run -- mount the bike, pull in the clutch lever -- the bike wakes up -- push the starter button, and go -- that convenience, is unchanged.

And beating the horse: @DEcosse customer service is second to none -- tops.

Thank you kind sir.
Of course his customer service is good he is from my part of the World after all:D in fact we are only about 20miles apart, now everyone knows how friendly and cheerful the Scots are:eek::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Back