@DEcosse Keyless Glitch

KC3

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Roadster
I have one of Ken @DEcosse keyless systems on my Roadster now for a couple of years and it has worked flawlessly for me until this past weekend.
I changed the batteries in both of the remotes for the riding season, and one has decided to stop working properly. When I come into range of the bike the fob led begins to flash green and red and does not activate the bike. Obviously it "sees" the module, but is not communicating with it. I think it has lost pairing, but I have been unable to find my manual to verify and hopefully fix this. The other remote works fine.

Has anyone with this system encountered this issue? Do you have a digital copy of the manual you would be willing to share?

I have one of Ken @DEcosse keyless systems on my Roadster now for a couple of years and it has worked flawlessly for me until this past weekend.
I changed the batteries in both of the remotes for the riding season, and one has decided to stop working properly. When I come into range of the bike the fob led begins to flash green and red and does not activate the bike. Obviously it "sees" the module, but is not communicating with it. I think it has lost pairing, but I have been unable to find my manual to verify and hopefully fix this. The other remote works fine.

Has anyone with this system encountered this issue? Do you have a digital copy of the manual you would be willing to share?
I believe I have the manual out in the garage buried somewhere with piles of other bike related stuff on my shelves. I have had the same problem a time or two and the manual has always sorted it out for me. Unfortunately I am hobbling around on crutches thanks to a broken leg and don't think I can dig for the manual anytime soon. Have you tried messaging Ken? I was in the middle of a conversation with him back in February and have not heard from him since then. I suggest you try to contact him. Please let me know if you reach him or not. If not maybe I can recruit my wife to do some garage digging for us.

Hope you get to feeling better! Crutches suck!
Although I've been a member of the forum for two years now, and have learned a lot about these machines, I haven't met the 10 post minimum to PM just yet (I'm not a big poster obviously). Figured this was a good avenue to start with. Helps me get to where I can PM, or maybe come across the solution to my problem.

Although I've been a member of the forum for two years now, and have learned a lot about these machines, I haven't met the 10 post minimum to PM just yet (I'm not a big poster obviously). Figured this was a good avenue to start with. Helps me get to where I can PM, or maybe come across the solution to my problem.
I decided not to recruit my wife. She is already on the verge of an atomic meltdown with having to do all the things I can't do now. In addition to crutches sucking so bad my memory also sucks really bad. I went through everything on my shelves to the point my good leg went to sleep after 15 minutes or so. As I hobbled back towards the house entrance door and past my '08 R3 Touring model, where my keyless is currently installed, it occurred to me that maybe I had the good sense to put the keyless manual in one of my saddlebags in case I had a problem when on the road. Bingo! I am attaching scans of pg 6 and pg 7 which seem to be the most relevant to your situation. I could not figure out how to .pdf them so I hope you can perhaps copy them and blow them up enough to read the text. If not I will try again to convert to a .pdf file.

Attachments

• keyless pg 6.JPG
    keyless pg 6.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Keyless pg 7.JPG
    Keyless pg 7.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 18
I decided not to recruit my wife. She is already on the verge of an atomic meltdown with having to do all the things I can't do now. In addition to crutches sucking so bad my memory also sucks really bad. I went through everything on my shelves to the point my good leg went to sleep after 15 minutes or so. As I hobbled back towards the house entrance door and past my '08 R3 Touring model, where my keyless is currently installed, it occurred to me that maybe I had the good sense to put the keyless manual in one of my saddlebags in case I had a problem when on the road. Bingo! I am attaching scans of pg 6 and pg 7 which seem to be the most relevant to your situation. I could not figure out how to .pdf them so I hope you can perhaps copy them and blow them up enough to read the text. If not I will try again to convert to a .pd

Please do not get divorced, or killed on my account! 😂
While I don't want anyone putting themselves out for me (especially while injured), I am extremely grateful for the effort and for the page scans. I am going to try that fix as soon as I get home. I will let you know how it goes.

If we have an occasion to meet up at the least I owe you AND your wife a beer.

JUST HIT THE POST REPLY (SOrry caps) then say thank you that will get u a few.
are u sure about that another few.
how r u doing today ect :roll:

I decided not to recruit my wife. She is already on the verge of an atomic meltdown with having to do all the things I can't do now. In addition to crutches sucking so bad my memory also sucks really bad. I went through everything on my shelves to the point my good leg went to sleep after 15 minutes or so. As I hobbled back towards the house entrance door and past my '08 R3 Touring model, where my keyless is currently installed, it occurred to me that maybe I had the good sense to put the keyless manual in one of my saddlebags in case I had a problem when on the road. Bingo! I am attaching scans of pg 6 and pg 7 which seem to be the most relevant to your situation. I could not figure out how to .pdf them so I hope you can perhaps copy them and blow them up enough to read the text. If not I will try again to convert to a .pdf file.
I use an app called TinyScanner on my android phone to convert images to pdf. You can "scan" them to pdf by taking a picture with your phone!

Back