Attention DEcosse Key-Less System Users

DEcosse

If it's no Scottish it's CRAP!
Ride
Triumph Daytona (Custom)
This is just a heads-up to many of you to think about replacing the battery in the Remote Fob

I've had couple of inquiries over the last couple of weeks from head-scratchers where the owners thought the system was broken - both of these systems had been in operation for over 2 years on the original battery. The good news is that they went that long but more importantly after new battery normal operation was restored
The signature is that it won't arm or disarm whether simply hands-free or even using the manual button

As reminder, a short press & release of the button will arm the system (dash led goes off) while a longer press & release will dis-arm (led comes on, ready)
But even that will not work if battery is low

For the small price of a battery I would recommend just replacing it annually as matter of course i.e. if you've had it more than a year i would say start thinking about it
Battery is a CR2032 and should be readily available

Thanks for listening & hope you are all enjoying your kits D

For the small price of a battery I would recommend just replacing it annually as matter of course i.e. if you've had it more than a year i would say start thinking about itBattery is a CR2032 and should be readily available
But put good ones in. Some of the "noname" Chinese ones do NOT last long. Oh and whilst you're buying CR2032's - look at the clock backup battery in your PC.

Great stuff, thanks. I might wait a couple of months and put a new battery in the spare fob .... that way they will (hopefully) give up the ghost in a staggered manner.

Bump - it's that time again (DST ending)
Along with your Smoke and CO Detectors Batteries, I recommend changing out your KeyLess Remote Fob Battery if it has been in operation for more than a year.

Back