The next-next-Gen Key-Less????

Yes (& thank you!) - it's not because I'm searching for something 'better' - have to unashamedly agree, the 2102T is a great device and does EXACTLY what I need it to - just gotta plan for obsolescence, already harder to find (well at sensible prices anyway!!!)

That's another good point - if this ever does come to fruition it would probably mean a bike USB charger would be essential to be sure will be able to have the phone be chargeable (not all the time, wont matter when riding - but for restart phone will need to be operable)

I do see some Chinese units that have both remote & phone connections (although both seems a bit redundant?)
I met a girl at the RAT Raid last weekend that started and stopped her Bonnie with a subdermal implant in the back of her hand. How far do you figure your customers are willing to go?
i really like my fob decosse provided, heck I have 2, no subdermal implants well
Who gets the honor of implanting that!? o_O
His customer service is second to none so I suspect

DeCosse,

Your keyless system is the best convenience upgrade I've done on any vehicle I've owned. I'd be ok with a 10 second lag time, but I'm usually geared up, out the door, and annoyed at waiting the 3 seconds after I pull the clutch to get the Rocket running. I wouldn't want to wait another 10 after I approach and mount up until I can pull the clutch. With the phone as the fob, Id' have some other concerns. If I'm out, and my phone dies, am I stranded without a key? I have a charger in my saddlebag, tied into the trickle charger connector, so I do charge my phone there sometimes. While I'm ok with leaving the phone charging in the saddlebag while I run into a store or I'm working nearby, I'd never leave the key fob in the saddlebag, so I would lose that flexibility. I've also lent the bike out to friends that need it, so I'd be giving out my phone too? For me, a key fob is not that big of a burden to carry.

Ken,
If you itch to do something with it, just try to make it smaller and leave more room under the seat for other goodies. :thumbsup:

DeCosse, Your keyless system is the best convenience upgrade I've done on any vehicle I've owned.
Thank you! That means a lot to hear that.

I'd be ok with a 10 second lag time, but I'm usually geared up, out the door, and annoyed at waiting the 3 seconds after I pull the clutch to get the Rocket running. I wouldn't want to wait another 10 after I approach and mount up until I can pull the clutch.

Realistically it is not quite that bad - the time is from the edge of the trigger zone to when it comes on, not from when already at the bike; today I was testing and just walking continuously (at normal pace) towards it from outside of the range and within about 1 second of actually reaching the bench, it was on - in real terms, just getting to the bike and then climbing on, I believe it would be pretty close to ready anyway
So on that note, I really don't think most would be troubled by this.

With the phone as the fob, Id' have some other concerns.
1) If I'm out, and my phone dies, am I stranded without a key?
2) I have a charger in my saddlebag ... sometimes ... leaving the phone charging in the saddlebag while I run into a store or I'm working nearby,
3) I've also lent the bike out to friends that need it, so I'd be giving out my phone too?

All three of those are extremely valid concerns

For me, a key fob is not that big of a burden to carry.
Agree 100% with that! (as I would think would most users with my kit)

Again, if I could source the current receiver forever (or there was another module with same kind of spec) I would happily keep as is
I'm just looking towards possible obsolescence and potential replacements (and the phone app/bluetooth was just something I came across.

Ken,
If you itch to do something with it, just try to make it smaller and leave more room under the seat for other goodies. :thumbsup:
So recognize, Steve - you have a kit with a separate PDM60 - the current system is ONLY the size of the Controller Module box that you have by itself
The RFID board is actually bigger than my own control/power board but it would be hard to fit everything in a smaller box, even if the RFID receiver were smaller.

Thank you! That means a lot to hear that.

So recognize, Steve - you have a kit with a separate PDM60 - the current system is ONLY the size of the Controller Module box that you have by itself
The RFID board is actually bigger than my own control/power board but it would be hard to fit everything in a smaller box, even if the RFID receiver were smaller.

Thanks for setting me straight.
I'd not considered the size of the PDM60.
I amend my comment to, since you have water proffed the box, do nothing!
Just PM me a price for YurMama.

I'd prefer to carry a fob. My phone battery life sucks and I'm too cheap to get a new one. Will this work if your phone battery dies? Is there a back up way to start the bike?

Back